Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by thewebsiteisdown View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm going to revive this conversation a little. I'm able to get 4000mhz running at 17-17-17-37 gsat stable and hci memtest stable. I'm also able to get the raja@asus 4000mhz profile stable as well which is tight tertiary and secondary timings wise but his profile sets 17-18-18-38 I've learned how to get the rtls to lock to make this possible utilizing the rtl init setting under rtl settings. I have the rampage extreme vi board. I can not for the life of me however figure out how to get this mb to let me manually set the rtl settings and it's driving me nuts. I know what it likes rtl wise from extensive testing and like I said I have it stable but in a round about way. raja@asus is there a certain way to get this mb to let me set them manually?
    I can't edit my post because of the language issue going on with the site right now for whatever reason so, I'm just going to reply to my own post. I have the latest bios and my memory is gskill ddr4 4000mhz rgb 17-17-17-37 or model, F4-4000C17Q-32GTZR. I'm able to stabilize my rtls by utilizing the rtl init setting under the rtl section of them memory timings section of the bios and setting it to a value between 77 and 85.

I figured out why the language settings were messed up for me here so I'm able to edit my post again. I just need to know if there's a way to edit the rtl myself rather then letting the wonky bios try it?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 1000stable.jpg  

raja4000.jpg  

voltages.png  

Last edited by thewebsiteisdown; 02-22-2020 at 11:50 PM.

ROG Member Array

I can't edit my post because of the language issue going on with the site right now for whatever reason so, I'm just going to reply to my own post. I have the latest bios and my memory is gskill ddr4 4000mhz rgb 17-17-17-37 or model, F4-4000C17Q-32GTZR. I'm able to stabilize my rtls by utilizing the rtl init setting under the rtl section of them memory timings section of the bios and setting it to a value between 77 and 85.

I figured out why the language settings were messed up for me here so I'm able to edit my post again. I just need to know if there's a way to edit the rtl myself rather then letting the wonky bios try it?
    No one knows how to manually set the rtl's successfully on this board? I saw a post by someone stating how to use memory not on the support list or qvl and noticed there was a memory timings after training option in his BIOS, that would be helpful for what I trying to do I bet but don't see that as an option for this motherboard... SOMEone please help me set my rtl manually...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array CSN7's Avatar

the entire generation its not rly been successful with setting them manually, what you can do is find the lowest initial timing that works so it sets the rtls right every boot, for me I believe it is a value of 59 in the bios

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CSN7 View Post
    the entire generation its not rly been successful with setting them manually, what you can do is find the lowest initial timing that works so it sets the rtls right every boot, for me I believe it is a value of 59 in the bios
    Well, maybe I kicked them in the butt about it then because I opened a support ticket for the issue describing it in very good detail and they've been banging the ticket out responding back quickly escalating the issue.. It's at their engineering level right now.. I'll report back if they give me any good news.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CSN7 View Post
    The lowest I could go was 68. I got a response from support and they stated the following.

Here are the rules of thumb or tips to adjust RTL - Where the RTL initial value and IO latency Offset are manually accessible, the easiest way to tighten the RTL/IO numbers is to set the RTL Initial Value to the lowest number that allows the memory to POST, then, after the system has booted successfully, to set the IO Latency Offset value higher one cycle number at a time (iteratively) until the lowest RTL/IO values are found after a reboot.
    I responded that I have already done that minus the iol part, that was new but again that's not fixing the issue of the rtl jumping around sometimes. I have the system stable when the rtl's lock at 59-61-59-61 which is what it boots most of the time but sometimes it will do 59-61-59-59 and that's when it goes unstable, a tiny bit. I requested that they setup another way to set these as the omega and apex can have them set manually right? Or at least other x299 motherboards can set them manually right? Just release a BIOS with a way to set them manually.

I know that the vccio and vccsa voltages help stabilize the rtl issues most of the way but that other 10% of the time part is aggravating and it would be easier to just be able to set them manually.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array vmanuelgm's Avatar

The lowest I could go was 68. I got a response from support and they stated the following.

I responded that I have already done that minus the iol part, that was new but again that's not fixing the issue of the rtl jumping around sometimes. I have the system stable when the rtl's lock at 59-61-59-61 which is what it boots most of the time but sometimes it will do 59-61-59-59 and that's when it goes unstable, a tiny bit. I requested that they setup another way to set these as the omega and apex can have them set manually right? Or at least other x299 motherboards can set them manually right? Just release a BIOS with a way to set them manually.

I know that the vccio and vccsa voltages help stabilize the rtl issues most of the way but that other 10% of the time part is aggravating and it would be easier to just be able to set them manually.
    In my case with 3006 bios both 59-61-59-59 and 59-61-59-61 are totally stable under GSAT.
    Omega, 10980xe, G.Skill 3600, 2080Ti, SM951 256, 970 PRO, 860 EVO
    Intel 750, WD SN750 Black, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, 7200.14, 207EBK
    EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC. @Acer Predator x34

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3