cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Encore XMP Ram Profiles

altonatrucker
Level 7
So i am curious, is anyone using high frequency ram like 4000 or 4266 on there Encore motherboard that is not on the QVL list? I have tried 3 different sets of DDR4 memory. 2 Sets of 4000MHz and a set of 4266MHz Corsair and Gskill TridentZ and when they are set to XMP in the bios they all show the correct timings and voltages are set but the pc just wont boot at all. These are not on the QVL list but they all worked fine on the Rampage VI Extreme Omega if i set them at 4100MHz and they were not on that QVL list either. I could get all sets to work on the Encore board but only if i set them at 3400MHz or below. I'm using a 7980XE cpu on the board. I did end up finding a set of this ram Model F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR which is on the QVL list so i'm gonna try it when it gets here and see if that works. If not it seems to me there is an issue with my board.
33 REPLIES 33

Mreksoll
Level 7
Dot not use XMP ! It's work not correct , make clear cmos , better reflash bios and put all manual with no xmp , xmp broke some variable at UEFI ( simple click last modify and if you see after choise xmp some binnary trash , its hv bug .

Then if its not work with manual puted settings , write to asus support about RTL IOL bug and ask when they fix ( this bug make wrong training memory after 2400 mhz )

So only solution write and push asus support for fix bug. Of make RMA and buy somting other.

Omega to hv this bug. i was to try many kit's after my was not work , and no mater QVL or not , i stuck always at buged training .

Mreksoll wrote:
Dot not use XMP ! It's work not correct , make clear cmos , better reflash bios and put all manual with no xmp , xmp broke some variable at UEFI ( simple click last modify and if you see after choise xmp some binnary trash , its hv bug .

Then if its not work with manual puted settings , write to asus support about RTL IOL bug and ask when they fix ( this bug make wrong training memory after 2400 mhz )

So only solution write and push asus support for fix bug. Of make RMA and buy somting other.

Omega to hv this bug. i was to try many kit's after my was not work , and no mater QVL or not , i stuck always at buged training .

Yeah i did the manual settings as well with no luck, already have the newest bios in it. I do have another board being delivered today so i will see if the same problems are with it as well, if so i'll know its a problem in general with the boards and not just mine. My first one is being returned anyway because the rear panel audio jack is defective, lots of noise in the left speaker or headphone when plugged in.

Try test it at 2400 with jedec timigns, then with 2666 to xmp freq with xmp timings , step by step at freq.

sa and io put 1.1 , and no mater what monitoring says ignore , at my it say's when i put bolth 1.1 , sa 1.76 io 1.144. When find stable you can try lower sa .

+ try replase dimms before training not be at RTL IOL table more adequate

I meen exampme RTL 57 RTL 63 iol 5 iol 10 bad

RTL 57 RTL 57 IOL 6 - 8 "normal"

Mreksoll wrote:
Try test it at 2400 with jedec timigns, then with 2666 to xmp freq with xmp timings , step by step at freq.

sa and io put 1.1 , and no mater what monitoring says ignore , at my it say's when i put bolth 1.1 , sa 1.76 io 1.144. When find stable you can try lower sa .

+ try replase dimms before training not be at RTL IOL table more adequate

I meen exampme RTL 57 RTL 63 iol 5 iol 10 bad

RTL 57 RTL 57 IOL 6 - 8 "normal"

What cpu are you using in your encore board?

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Been quite a few xmp failures reported
Mostly with hynix memory kits loose timings

But really high frequency kits is also hit and miss
I'd try first dual channel mode and see if that makes any difference at all using just two sticks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Been quite a few xmp failures reported
Mostly with hynix memory kits loose timings

But really high frequency kits is also hit and miss
I'd try first dual channel mode and see if that makes any difference at all using just two sticks.

Forgot about hynix memory , samsung b and d-die to hv issue , it's promlem asus training. I test many memory from all chip brands.

Only way push to asus support to fix it . QVL memory not solve this problem and they simple close tickets if ticket with QVL , if with not QVL they say use QVL , any ask about bug and when it be fixed , even when i make full explain why what and where close ticket no bug report.

so you or asus bot , or somting like that , how fixing clock frezz it's fixed at board where it was ? bug not exist ? 🙂

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Encore or even omega is way out of my price range for a board
I've used a cheapo mark 2 and now on a 200.us used apex on 1705 bios and both did fine with 3600C16 4x8gb kits in quad channel at rated speed with tweaked timings and also 4000MHz tweaked a little more timings.

But i agree these are high dollar boards you'd expect better support.

I still have my cheapo mark 2 board might eventually fire it back up it holds all my highest benchmarks apex has not beat them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes asus hv good boards, but omega and encore hv not simple bug what can be ignore . It's make system unstable , system cannot be used when need accuracy .
and this is bug UEFI and they recomend make RMA how solution but no fix bug , but who pay to people for losed time ? + maybe easy fix bug and not make RMA... if its low software bug.

what is funny asus even was not interest fill specs at omega board site page . It's was long time emtry even after start selling + even now hv at some lang not correct info , like old lan from other board , or other think try change langs and hv fun wtf is there)

vmanuelgm
Level 11
I agree rtls and iols autotuning is a bit odd, but I run 3800 cl15 totally stable reboot after reboot, passing hci, gsat and prime.

U have to find the proper frequency, timings and associated voltages to suit your cpu and memory modules and u'll find stability. XMP should work ok, but sometimes it doesn't, so manual setup is needed, specially using Hynix modules.

And finally u won't be able to force rtls and iols, they are autotuned so no tricks to manage it. But u can force rtl init which can help in finding stability.
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED