cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryujin fan control

AMDGuru
Level 7
Hello, I can't control the fan speed of my Ryujin 360. I have been trying to use both AI Suite 3 and Armoury Crate, but I'm having no luck. I used the "Fan Tuning" in Fan Xpert 4, which cranked all the fans all the way up to 100%, but now I can't keep the three Ryujin fans on silent. I then went into Amoury Crate and went to fan control under the ROG Ryujin. I can setup the lighting and OLED panel, but the fans will not stay on silent. I've tried both smart mode and fixed RPM mode, but the fans are now fluctuating back and forworth between low and high RPM. It's annoying. How do I keep these three fans on low RPM or silent?
2 REPLIES 2

mdzcpa
Level 12
For me Armory Crate never worked well on my Ryujin. I stayed with AI Suite and Fan Expert.

If you've connected your fans correctly (directly to the fan connectors on the cooler, not the motherboard) you should see a separate fan curve for the radiator fans. All three fans run off the same fan curve. You will also see a second fan curve for the Ryujin, that is the VRM fan on the cooler. Last you will see a pump speed curve if you connected the lead to the AIO or CPU header on the board. You should be able set all curves in Fan Expert. Fan Tuning only works on the mobo header fans...you won't need that for the Ryujin.

Double check you fan connections and set up per the manual (on line).

I have the Ryujin 240. Connected as laid out in documentation (both fans connect to cooler's wire with it's own headers, header wire from cooler to CPU fan, and USB + power connected)....you would think that through the device firmware, Fan Xpert would know which device is which, but my pump is showing as the CPU fan, the radiator fans are "Ryujin fan" and the blower is "Ryujin fan 1". Think it's a bit of a shame that with all Asus stuff, that should be working together flawlessly, the pieces don't label properly, so the tuning does not work properly. Effectively, Fan Xpert is broken for any cooler that plugs in as such because the software tries to set everything up based on what it believes to be one thing but is actually another.

Of course, it doesn't mean it cannot be used, only that the automatic profiles it creates are garbage.....silent turns off pump, which is silent already, but leaves fans on full because it thinks they are pump.....