New ROGer Array

My Asus Rog Zephyrus S right fan make throttling noise while adapter is plugged off

My Asus Rog Zephyrus S right fan make throttling noise while adapter is plugged off. Its been almost 4 months that I bought this laptop and its really annoying when Im outside using it in battery, as soon as i boot again wid pluged in the loud noise disappears. Please help !!

New ROGer Array

I have the same problem. Did you solve it?

ROG Junior Member Array

Exact same problem with my Zephyrus S. The right fan (I believe it is the CPU fan) started making a rattling sound when at low RPM. Started just a few months after purchase.

New ROGer Array

I have the same issue.

Mine went Buzz and then stops, then Buzz and stopping. When under load in a game or something... You would hear constant rattle and it sounds like theres a small plastic hitting hitting every fan blade as it spins. Anyways, I opened up the back plate while the laptop was running and I notice that buzz is my fan running and stopping. I'm going to try to do a repair on it soon. If I had to guess, its a loose barring that probably needs to be lubed. Hopefully thats all it is. Still wondering if you could detach the fan blades though.

- [UPDATE]
    - [NOTE] I have the first edition of this laptop MODEL GX501VIK. Your procedure might be different than mine. However I took the back plate off of mine, unscrew a few screws around the fan and I had one hidden screws on both CPU and GPU fan under the black tape like thing. I was able to flip the fan around... but leaving it intact with the color wires that power the fan. I was then able to lift the fan blades out of its socket. Lubed the one prong so that it spins better. My laptop fan had not been cleaned since purchased like 3+ years ago. Inside it was a lot of fuzz and hair causing the rattling noise. I dust all of it out, lubed my fan, compressed air all the vents of both my CPU and GPU. This whole cleaning processed took about like 15 minutes. Not really difficult at all. CPU Temp went from 93c in Overwatch to about 72c. GPU went from 83c to about 60c. This solved my rattling problem, and my high temp problems. Maybe this is something you are encountering as well. Keep in mind if this is not the case, you should probably purchase the fan parts and replace it yourself. I suggest looking on youtube on how to disassemble your PC. Mine was not the same as the one I found on youtube... but the since its the same family line... it gave me an idea on how to approached it. Best of luck
    Last edited by AnyApples; 08-02-2020 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Update

New ROGer Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200802_172943.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	85835