cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X370 - ASUS Open Letter

ksosx86
Level 7
To whom it may concern,

The ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING motherboard is "Ryzen 3000 Desktop ready" the problem is the current posted BIOS revisions of it have not been updated by ASUS to reflect counterparts nor all of the X470 and X570 motherboards.

The ROG STRIX 370-F GAMING is still under it's stock Warranty for those whom purchased it at final availability from retailers/etailers. Meaning it has not reached "End of Life".

Update the BIOS for it already! The Ryzen 3000 series is problematic and that's putting it nicely. The last listed BIOS revision is not even stable nor does 3000 work stable with RAM that is on the QVL.

The last BIOS also breaks shutdown completely. For pete's sake post an AGESA 1.0.0.4 version for ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING. I refuse to have to upgrade over laziness and apathy on behalf of ASUS.
5 REPLIES 5

Grim1979
Level 7
Agreed. This is the main reason I haven't bought a 3000 series CPU yet. I mean even "Other" Motherboard Makers at least have a Beta BIOS/uEFI that have AGESA 1.0.0.4, and even though it is "BETA" it's stable. Are us X370 users just basically getting the shaft? Doesn't seem right for a product that is far from being EOL.

Maldiavolo
Level 7
Agree here also. What's silly is they updated the B350M-E board before their x370 boards. The Crosshair boards have been updated for a couple weeks now.

Maldiavolo
Level 7
STILL no 1.0.0.4 BIOS for the STRIX X370-F GAMING mobo. This is ridiculous how long it's taking. The last BIOS was released SIX months ago. I'm definitely done buying Asus. Every other manufacturer at least has a beta available for their boards.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
You may get what you wish for, and then find your precious new BIOS doesn't work properly and may even brick your CPU, like 3006 for the Rampage VI etc boards.

Super Gnome wrote:
You may get what you wish for, and then find your precious new BIOS doesn't work properly and may even brick your CPU, like 3006 for the Rampage VI etc boards.

More reason to not give them money. There is all sorts of wonky stuff in the most recent BIOS for my board. For instance the Auto setting for ECC DRAM is equal to ENABLED. Why would that ever be enabled by default for a consumer board? Also, there are 4 different places to set AMD PBO. One menu has all 4 options and the others just 2 options. It doesn't appear all of them work nor am I sure which one overrides the others. Either way there should only be 1 menu for those settings.