cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Noob at All Things ASUS and ROG, Updating BIOS Strix B450F Gaming

RaisedFist
Level 7
Right, hey y'all, I'm totally new to all this stuff, over clocking but also even the basics like flashing the BIOS.
Now, I hit the YouTube and asked it for a way to update my ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard's BIOS and it gave me a list of videos of motherboards to watch, none of which were mine...
:mad:
So I just want to know the easiest, and safest, way to update my BIOS.
Do I have to do it using a flash drive, or is it able to to do it inside the actual BIOS if I have an ethernet cable plugged in?
Oh, and just so you know, there are going to be a whole lot more of these total newbie questions on the way!
Thanks in advance!

K
3 REPLIES 3

Khean
Level 10
RaisedFist wrote:
Right, hey y'all, I'm totally new to all this stuff, over clocking but also even the basics like flashing the BIOS.
Now, I hit the YouTube and asked it for a way to update my ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard's BIOS and it gave me a list of videos of motherboards to watch, none of which were mine...
:mad:
So I just want to know the easiest, and safest, way to update my BIOS.
Do I have to do it using a flash drive, or is it able to to do it inside the actual BIOS if I have an ethernet cable plugged in?
Oh, and just so you know, there are going to be a whole lot more of these total newbie questions on the way!
Thanks in advance!

K

i usually do the usb. Internet is good but you need stable connection while updating might corrupt the file and break you MB during the update.

+1 usb, then via bios flash utility.

RedSector73 wrote:
+1 usb, then via bios flash utility.

yes and thank you!

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012815/