cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G53SX, unable to enable webcam ??

ffletchs
Level 10
Hi,

I've been having a hard time getting the webcam to work, it doesnt show up in device manager, Lifeframe says camera is disabled. I've read it can be Power4gear, but no matter what I select there, disable/enable ODD it doesn't show up ???

can anyone help me?
8 REPLIES 8

dstrakele
Level 14
1) Is this a new laptop? If so, are you still within your retailer's exchange/return period?

2) Did this issue occur right out of the box? If not, can you use Windows System Restore to restore your system to an earlier time when the webcam was working?

3) Did you try an "Action - Scan for hardware changes" from the Device Manager top menu?

4) If that fails, try a reinstall of the Intel Chipset drivers using the -overall switch. See the bottom of the OP in the "Drivers, Apps, and How-to's" thread for the command line syntax.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

grungeboy2
Level 10
is the webcam disabled in the Power4Gear app?

i'm unsure of the newer versions but the version i use has a option to disable the webcam and optical disc drive, as power saving options. if either of these are disabled from the app then they do not show up anywhere.

dstrakele wrote:
1) Is this a new laptop? If so, are you still within your retailer's exchange/return period?

2) Did this issue occur right out of the box? If not, can you use Windows System Restore to restore your system to an earlier time when the webcam was working?

3) Did you try an "Action - Scan for hardware changes" from the Device Manager top menu?

4) If that fails, try a reinstall of the Intel Chipset drivers using the -overall switch. See the bottom of the OP in the "Drivers, Apps, and How-to's" thread for the command line syntax.

It's a "new" used laptop, bought from bhphotovideo.com, and an international order, so its hard to replace it.

Camera does not show up in device manager, I also cannot see it in bios (under security, locked devices)

Enabling/disabling ODD in Power4Gear I can see that the dvd drive gets enabled/disabled but the camera never shows up 😞

dstrakele
Level 14
You may have a hardware failure, but I still would try a reinstall of the Intel Chipset drivers using the -overall switch from the command line.

When you were in the BIOS, did you "Load Optimized Defaults" (F9), then Save & Exit?

I take it Windows System Restore and "Action - Scan for hardware changes" in Device Manager didn't work for you?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
You may have a hardware failure, but I still would try a reinstall of the Intel Chipset drivers using the -overall switch from the command line.

When you were in the BIOS, did you "Load Optimized Defaults" (F9), then Save & Exit?

I take it Windows System Restore and "Action - Scan for hardware changes" in Device Manager didn't work for you?

I tried the chipset install with -overall and load optimized defaults in bios, still no camera. Only thing left is a system restore or clean install 😞

berryracer wrote:
In device manager, see if you have a USB Video Device under IMAGING DEVICES

IF it's there, that means your webcam is there, try testing it if its working with another program such as Skype

there is no Imaging Devices in device manager 😞

berryracer wrote:
Check in the BIOS options maybe there is a way to disable or enable it.

I am almost certain it is disabled by mistake in the BIOS Advanced Config

i had same problem...i call asus center...they suggest replace new laptop...coz its a hardware problem

ColonelS
Level 9
im guessing is hardware issue since there isnt any imaging devices shown 😕
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

Speder
Level 7
Hi
How to enable WeB-Cam in Asus G75 VX - under Windows 7 64Bit? _ The camera is Activ in HWinfo, but not in Windows 7 Device manager. Is the camera unpluged from the factory?