cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some RGBs not turning off on shutdown

elios311
Level 7
I have a problem with RGBs on my mouse (Gladius II Origin) and monitor (PG35VQ). They stay on even after I turn the PC off, even though all other hardware (keyboard, headset, case, GPU, PSU, RAM, AIO) turns dark. Aura works fine and everything syncs as expected up until shutdown.

I tried software reinstall, OS reinstall, monitor driver reinstall, CMOS reset. Nothing helped. Same issue using both Aura Sync Utility and Armoury Crate. Not using any other control software. I can brute solve the issue on the mouse by disabling USB power when off, but that prevents me from charging my phone via USB. It also results in weird power up when my system starts to turn on, then turns off for a second or two before turning back on normally. Also, it only solves the mouse problem since the monitor has it's own power. I can simply turn the monitor lights off by pressing on the monitors power button, which is fine, but I really want it to work properly given it's price.

No one else seems to have this issue, or no one pays any attention to it given other far worse problems with Aura. Can someone please help or at least confirm that their mouse and monitor RGBs stay on?

Using Maximus XI Hero, latest bios, latest Win 10. Can't say if it worked on older version as the system is new.
24 REPLIES 24

Khean
Level 10
elios311 wrote:
I have a problem with RGBs on my mouse (Gladius II Origin) and monitor (PG35VQ). They stay on even after I turn the PC off, even though all other hardware (keyboard, headset, case, GPU, PSU, RAM, AIO) turns dark. Aura works fine and everything syncs as expected up until shutdown.

I tried software reinstall, OS reinstall, monitor driver reinstall, CMOS reset. Nothing helped. Same issue using both Aura Sync Utility and Armoury Crate. Not using any other control software. I can brute solve the issue on the mouse by disabling USB power when off, but that prevents me from charging my phone via USB. It also results in weird power up when my system starts to turn on, then turns off for a second or two before turning back on normally. Also, it only solves the mouse problem since the monitor has it's own power. I can simply turn the monitor lights off by pressing on the monitors power button, which is fine, but I really want it to work properly given it's price.

No one else seems to have this issue, or no one pays any attention to it given other far worse problems with Aura. Can someone please help or at least confirm that their mouse and monitor RGBs stay on?

Using Maximus XI Hero, latest bios, latest Win 10. Can't say if it worked on older version as the system is new.

I same have problem but only happen if i touch the keyboard or move the mouse and rgb stay on even the PC is off. What i have to do is completely tun off power supply switch.

z390-e MB here.

Also there's BIOS settings for AURA, but I don't think that applies to both of your scenarios.

ninezerofive
Level 10
De-sync from Armoury Crate. Launch AURA and sync everything there, then change sync at shutdown. Restart and then you can continue using Armoury Crate as normal.

ninezerofive wrote:
De-sync from Armoury Crate. Launch AURA and sync everything there, then change sync at shutdown. Restart and then you can continue using Armoury Crate as normal.

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately it works the same. Everything turns off, except the mouse and monitor. In fact it seems that the sync at shutdown setting has no effect on my system however I set it.
ASUS support seems to have stopped responding after I tried everything they suggested.

turn off fast start up at windows power setting or type this command ---> shutdown /s /f /t 0 at command prompt (shut computer using command prompt ) or press shift during shutdown sequence via power button GUI or restart and shutdown at log off screen

Windows is not really powering down by default if you are using Win 10.

ROGStrixGL12CX wrote:
turn off fast start up at windows power setting or type this command ---> shutdown /s /f /t 0 at command prompt (shut computer using command prompt ) or press shift during shutdown sequence via power button GUI or restart and shutdown at log off screen

Windows is not really powering down by default if you are using Win 10.

Thank you. I did not help. I combined the two suggested methods (de-sync in Crate, re-sync in Aura plus disable fast start up both in bios and in Windows). Other hardware went dark as before when shutting down, mouse and monitor did not.

Whats weird to me is that even when I am reinstalling OS, during restarts, whilst all other peripherals flash and get random colors before syncing back up, the mouse and monitor stay fixed at whatever color they were set as last in Windows throughout the entire process. Where are these settings saved if I am reinstalling Windows by deleting all files? Does the mouse have on-board memory? If yes, how do I factory reset the firmware? Resetting the monitor via its menu also didn't help.

Ironically, the headset goes dark, even though it is connected via the monitor that does not go dark. With mouse it's the opposite, it doesn't go dark even though it is connected to the keyboard that does go dark. Changing USB connection also does not help.

that is really weird.... where is the mouse getting power if the usb port is powered down? the command prompt should cut all power to peripherals except the PSU (if you have a physical PSU power switch)... the monitor has its own power supply via the power cord connected to a power brick so thats understandable.... now whats powering the mouse while the computer is powered down is quite a mystery..... have you tried sync then press default button at aura then desync, then full shutdown? dont sync at shutdown... also you are not supposed to use AURA sync with Armoury Crate. Though You may use Armoury Crate with ROG Armoury II > Armoury Crate has its own Aura service

ROGStrixGL12CX wrote:
that is really weird.... where is the mouse getting power if the usb port is powered down? the command prompt should cut all power to peripherals except the PSU (if you have a physical PSU power switch)... the monitor has its own power supply via the power cord connected to a power brick so thats understandable.... now whats powering the mouse while the computer is powered down is quite a mystery..... have you tried sync then press default button at aura then desync, then full shutdown? dont sync at shutdown... also you are not supposed to use AURA sync with Armoury Crate. Though You may use Armoury Crate with ROG Armoury II > Armoury Crate has its own Aura service

I can force mouse RGB's to shut down if I disable power to back USB plate when PC is off (but not the monitor obviously). But, given the fact that the keyboard, headset and everything else, except mouse and monitor, all turn off without loosing power, I don't know why the mouse and monitor won't.

I tried using different software (Crate and Aura) separately even doing OS reinstall between switching them to make sure something wasn't left if only uninstalling. Nothing helped. I tried many different sequences of settings.

I just wonder whether someone else with Gladius II Origin mouse and PG35VQ monitor also experiences the same behavior? That way I would at least know that it's a general bug that they haven't fixed, and not something that only happens to my system.

ninezerofive
Level 10
Hmm, I've got my ROG Deltas yesterday and they stay on after PC has been Shut Down. Hmm, I will look more into this later on, last night just unplugged them from the usb socket.