cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Z390-F - a lot of problems: Trashmainboard?

BobDobalina
Level 7
Hi guys,

I purchased a asus z390-f gaming mainboard around 6-7 weeks ago and its the most expensive mainboard i ever purchased. I chose Asus, because my latest Mainboard was/is a z97-Pro Gamer which works fine and I had very, very bad experience with a MSI Board jut before. In the MSI case a lot of just general things didnt work and after a lot of weeks MSI in Taiwan just found out "you are right, the board is crap and doesnt work flawless".

Now I feel the same about this Mainboard and I already get really pissed about Asus and thinking if I should still give a try or chose another company. And this is why:

- The Mainboard lacks with a issue of the mic-jack HD-Audio Pins or something. Connecting a 3,5 jack (I got 3 different) mic on the backpanel works normal. When plugged into the front panel, the mic gets a very very low volume, that it is not useable (you have to put in just in front of u, so that people can hear u). Since I already changed the Board with another z390-F and the new board got the same, I think its either a bug in the series of the mainboard or a driver bulls**t problem. I am sure of that, because I did a lot of settings testing, some driver installs, fresh windows and even tested the front panel connector or two other windows 10 mainboards/pcs.

- Chase-Fans start to get 100% when CPU reaches 75° which can happen to a 9900. Its forced. And there seem to not be any other solution then using AI Suite in windows. WTF? That is what u call absolute fan control? So even a 70 € mainboard 7 years ago worked with that while a 220 € Gamign mainboard can not deal with that? ... lol

- Since of my problems I installed the latest firmware in AI suite (another point to this later). After successfully installed BIOS Firmware, i made a clean fresh windows install. Everything worked. I installed chipset-drivers, restarted.. and GPT courrption error. Cant boot. But not just that. I couldn't even boot from USB. Mainboard firmware complete fu**ed up and I needed to do a CMOS reset with a screwdriver. A similar topic about this bios bug is in this forum too, but about the previous firmware.

- AI Suite: After I installed it and restarted, my computer in desktop was not able to do something. 5 minuted i jsut had a circle-cursos, couldnt open the start button, taskmanager.. anything.

So what do you think? I am just unlucky? IS the Z390-F trash? Or should I try to find another developer for a mainboard like MSI or something? I - personally - am very sad and pissed about that, since I was a ASUS Fan since my z97-Pro Gamer and for me ASUS stand for premium super quality. This mainboard right now is the opposite.
- I already had one start, where my 2nd sata drive just disappeared in windows. nice stable system.
0 REPLIES 0