cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XI GPU BIOS

cadillacdan
Level 7
I installed a GeForce GTX 2070 Super with Bios (1105), which is what the MOBO already had. I have the graphics card in slot 1 and I have no other slots occupied. In the BIOS graphics card is not showing up under the GPU setting and show not supported. It does ever so often show up but at X8 not the X16. Not sure if there something wrong with PCIX16_1. With all the issues I am still able to see WIndows 10. Not understanding if the MOBO doesn't see grpahics cards how is the monitor still working meaning I can still watch youtube videos, surf the internet and so on. Grahpics card also shows up in device manager. Also been having issues with sleep mode and when I wake up PC the screen is black, which could be related.
17 REPLIES 17

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Update the bios to 1302 or 1401 to start. IF you have NO other products on pcie2 then you need to check other issues. You gpu is on a riser cable to put the gpu vertical?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

mdzcpa
Level 12
Ignore the GPU detection of the BIOS. It is buggy. My Hero IX, X and XI have all failed at some point to recognize my GPU. I just ignore it. My GPUs have always worked just fine regardless.

There was no GPU riser cable in use.

I updated the BIOS to 1401 after the update was complete the GPU PCIE_1 slot still said not reconized. I went into the Nvidia control panel for sytstem information showed X16 GEN 3, which I never got. In the past it would X8 or X4. Not sure why detection within the Nvidia never the same. Hopefully through out the day I will do shutdowns, restarts and put PC to sleep to see if stable. If it does go back to X8 in Nvidia Control Panel what is the next step. Is that correct that the GPU BIOS detection is not stable?

Thanks for the help

Hello Selane12

Have you tried disabling the Intel iGPU? 

Open device manager, click display adapters, right click on the Intel iGPU and click disable.

Any better after doing this?

I did but did not help, I can only use DisplayPort when in Windows by manually switching to it on the monitor. The pci device shows up in device manager as a yellow warning sign and a question mark but on display adapters it shows up as 1080ti. I've done all the easy steps as forcing it to boot trough Nvidia card and I've tried to force it in the bios to be PCIe instead of cpu for graphics but it keeps popping back when after you save and boot again. i've reverted to oldest bios and tried every bios until the newest without any of luck. Thank you for the fast reply.

Kind regards Iwan.

Thank you

Please post me a screenshot of your device manager with the yellow exclamation point, this would indicate you are missing a driver.

Selane12_0-1682215181141.png

Here it is, I already have all nvidia drivers?

Thank you for the screenshot of your device manager, you need to install the chipset driver for your motherboard.

The device manager problem fixed but not detecting gpu still.