cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mouse is ON,when PC turned off (Asus Rampage V Extreme)

frozen_sun
Level 7
Hellow guys.
Well I just noticed when I turn off PC and click the mouse it lights up so obviously somehow is getting current from USB.
How can I disable this,without switching off PSU?
The MB is Rampage V.
10 REPLIES 10

ROGStrixGL12CX
Level 8
windows 10? open command prompt (admin) and type shutdown /s /f /t 0

windows 10 uses hybrid shutdown by default and keeps power to USB ports ON. you may disable fast startup at power options if you want.

ROGStrixGL12CX wrote:
windows 10? open command prompt (admin) and type shutdown /s /f /t 0

windows 10 uses hybrid shutdown by default and keeps power to USB ports ON. you may disable fast startup at power options if you want.

is that the cause of this issue or this,some guy from other form wrote me this:
go into bios, search for erp and enable S4+S5
I really don't want to command each time shutdown...so just disable fast startup or this above?

just try the command prompt and if it works then the problem is due to the hybrid shutdown,, you may disable it permanently by disabling fast startup. hope this helps i had the same issue with my ROG strix GL12.

ROGStrixGL12CX wrote:
just try the command prompt and if it works then the problem is due to the hybrid shutdown,, you may disable it permanently by disabling fast startup. hope this helps i had the same issue with my ROG strix GL12.

ooh ok.thx,will try tommorow.
how do I disable fast startup,is it in BIOS?
So this issue doesn't have nothing to do with S4 S5 and ErP option?

fast start up is on advanced settings power options inside windows not the bios. tell me if it worked.

i did what he said now my PC completely OFF you just need to follow this.

i did also manage to turn off LED on MB IO shield by sync all shutdown then choose fro lightning effect OFF

frozen_sun
Level 7
Nope it didn't work...turned off fast start up,after shutdown keyboard lights up when I click on it.
Either mouse lights up or keyboard depends on the usb port where is plugged in.

frozen_sun wrote:
Nope it didn't work...turned off fast start up,after shutdown keyboard lights up when I click on it.
Either mouse lights up or keyboard depends on the usb port where is plugged in.

Oh that sad im using z390-E and everything went well on that process.

the only thing remaining to solve this problem is probably unplug the computer after properly shutting it down 😄

i have a custom z390 motherboard with this problem too and all of my installed disk had unsafe shutdown counts due to fast startup or hybrid shutdown. my keyboard and mouse also lits up after shut down. the fix were command prompt shutdown /s /f/ t 0 or disabling fast startup.
in your case its probably motherboard specific or some weird bios setting.

try contacting your ASUS rep with MyASUS app