cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Hardware out of stock?

LVX-Frost
Level 7
Hello I am in the process of doing a new build and some of the main parts I am looking for are all out of stock I can not find them any place in US. Are they being discontinued or will they be back in stock soon?

Asus ROG Strix Helios GX601 (Case)
ASUS ROG Thor 850 Certified (Power supply)

Also if anyone knows where i can order a second drive cage for this case please let me know

Thank You!
7 REPLIES 7

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
In Germany it has enough:o

OLD

NEW

MADEVIL72
Level 8
Looks like a Micro Center in Chicago has one case but it's listed as in store pick up only which I'm sure doesn't help you one bit and the psu seems to be listed as backorder on other sites.

NOPE!

Even though the ROG Strix Helios website (Note) specifications definitively state one could expand the 3.5” Drive Bays: Up to 4pcs (Pre-installed 2pcs) ASUS did not look at this issue. And no authorized resellers have the 3.5” drive bay (or 2.5” drive piece to add fifth 2.5” drive behind MB) for the ROG Strix Helios. And any aftermarket drive bays do not fit. And the ASUS eshop does not have the 3.5” drive bay.

Long story short, email or call ASUS Customer Support. As far as they (ASUS Support, ASUS Corporate Support, and ASUS Headquarters Support) know, I’m the only one looking for an additional 3.5” drive bay for the ROG Strix Helios GX601 (Case).

And I brought the ROG Strix Helios due to the website specifications definitively stating one could expand the 3.5” Drive Bays: Up to 4pcs (Pre-installed 2pcs) or 2.5” drive piece to add fifth 2.5” drive behind MB.

It was never in stock (additional 3.5" Drive Bay)!

Yes i also called support and emailed the CEO office and complained nobody seems to know where or how to get these. I bought the case also based on the website specs. Only thing i was told was try an aftermarket one which i have yet to find one that would fit. I am also still trying to track down the Thor 850P power supply and nobody seems to know if they are still making them or if they were discontinued for some reason.

pndiode wrote:
NOPE!

Even though the ROG Strix Helios website (Note) specifications definitively state one could expand the 3.5” Drive Bays: Up to 4pcs (Pre-installed 2pcs) ASUS did not look at this issue. And no authorized resellers have the 3.5” drive bay (or 2.5” drive piece to add fifth 2.5” drive behind MB) for the ROG Strix Helios. And any aftermarket drive bays do not fit. And the ASUS eshop does not have the 3.5” drive bay.

Long story short, email or call ASUS Customer Support. As far as they (ASUS Support, ASUS Corporate Support, and ASUS Headquarters Support) know, I’m the only one looking for an additional 3.5” drive bay for the ROG Strix Helios GX601 (Case).

And I brought the ROG Strix Helios due to the website specifications definitively stating one could expand the 3.5” Drive Bays: Up to 4pcs (Pre-installed 2pcs) or 2.5” drive piece to add fifth 2.5” drive behind MB.

It was never in stock (additional 3.5" Drive Bay)!

pndiode
Level 11
I gave ASUS a chance and ASUS delivered. Be polite and persistent!

Who knows, maybe the Federal Trade Commission has the 3.5”/2.5” drive bays stacked in their office closet from floor to ceiling. Anyway, the local smithy also refused to make a 3.5”/2.5” drive bay to fit the ROG Strix Helios.

What do you mean they delivered? were you able to get the drive cage? if so how though support ?

pndiode wrote:
I gave ASUS a chance and ASUS delivered. Be polite and persistent!

Who knows, maybe the Federal Trade Commission has the 3.5”/2.5” drive bays stacked in their office closet from floor to ceiling. Anyway, the local smithy also refused to make a 3.5”/2.5” drive bay to fit the ROG Strix Helios.

pndiode
Level 11
What do you mean they delivered?
Were you able to get the drive cage?
Yep! 3.5 inch� drive bay received.

If so how through support?
Nope!

Once you contact ASUS Product Support your email will be assigned an ASUS service number (Call Case/RMA Number). All emails that you send and receive will be linked to this ASUS service number (be polite!). Once you exhaust all your options to obtain the drive cage (ASUS authorized sellers, smithy, etc.) there is nowhere else to go, but up. You have a call case number. Then on the ASUS Contact and Support Options website there is: Share your recent Service and Support experience with our CEO. Contact Our CEOs Office we would love to hear your feedback. Call Case/RMA number will be entirely reviewed before you receive a reply. Approximately forty-seven back and forth emails from start to finish. And twenty-two days later the boxed 3.5 inch� drive cage (and screws) is handed to me by the postman.

And send off a thank you feedback email to the CEOs Office with a list of Names and Departments of personnel who assisted you along your journey.