Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    New ROGer Array igralec84 PC Specs
    igralec84 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2x F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 FE + EK Waterblock
    MonitorHP Omen 32
    Storage #1WD Blue 250gb M.2
    Storage #2Kingston SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X360
    CaseThermaltake Core P3
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 3x Noctua NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Premium Riser
    igralec84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    83

    Feedback on reddit doesn't seem good, saying this BIOS or the board belong in the trash

  2. #22
    New ROGer Array akmalphoenix PC Specs
    akmalphoenix PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG X470 Crosshair VII Hero (WIFI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz CL14
    Graphics Card #1Galax RTX 2070
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML360R AIO
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyEVGA G+ 750W Gold
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow ELITE
    Mouse BENQ EC1-A
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    akmalphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by igralec84 View Post
    Feedback on reddit doesn't seem good, saying this BIOS or the board belong in the trash
    seriously? that is not a good news. im still using 2901 bios. do u have the link for that reddit?
    Last edited by akmalphoenix; 12-27-2019 at 06:08 PM.

  3. #23
    New ROGer Array akmalphoenix PC Specs
    akmalphoenix PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG X470 Crosshair VII Hero (WIFI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz CL14
    Graphics Card #1Galax RTX 2070
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML360R AIO
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyEVGA G+ 750W Gold
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow ELITE
    Mouse BENQ EC1-A
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    akmalphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    ok maybe this is the link. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...crosshair_vii/

    oh man, im totally mad after reading all those comments. what a waste of my money buying this ch7 board. im just using it for only 8 month. the old issues is never been fixed!
    i have waited for almost 2 month for it and hope every issues been fixed one by one but it doesnt! thats why asus so scared and taking so long to release the bios.
    Last edited by akmalphoenix; 12-29-2019 at 11:13 PM.

  4. #24
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Was on 2801 and updated to the new 3004.

    System: 3900x (NHD15), 4x8GB DDR4 3600c14 (B-die, DRAM calculator settings), CH7-WiFi

    2801: CB20 ~7250 points, 4075-4125MHz core clock, ~70-71°C
    3001: CB20 ~7060 points, 4050MHz core clock, ~70°C
    3001: CB20 + PBO ~7150 points, 4125MHz core clock
    3004: CB20 + PBO, -0.1V offset ~7430 points, 4150-4175MHz core clock, ~65°C


    2801: TimeSpy CPU score ~13800
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/41640509

    3001: CB20 + PBO, -0.1V offset ~14000
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/42380474
    Last edited by isee133; 12-28-2019 at 07:05 AM.

  5. #25
    New ROGer Array akmalphoenix PC Specs
    akmalphoenix PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG X470 Crosshair VII Hero (WIFI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200MHz CL14
    Graphics Card #1Galax RTX 2070
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML360R AIO
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyEVGA G+ 750W Gold
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow ELITE
    Mouse BENQ EC1-A
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    akmalphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by isee133 View Post
    Was on 2801 and updated to the new 3001.

    System: 3900x (NHD15), 4x8GB DDR4 3600c14 (B-die, DRAM calculator settings), CH7-WiFi

    2801: CB20 ~7250 points, 4075-4125MHz core clock, ~70-71°C
    3001: CB20 ~7060 points, 4050MHz core clock, ~70°C
    3001: CB20 + PBO ~7150 points, 4125MHz core clock
    3001: CB20 + PBO, -0.1V offset ~7430 points, 4150-4175MHz core clock, ~65°C


    2801: TimeSpy CPU score ~13800
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/41640509

    3001: CB20 + PBO, -0.1V offset ~14000
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/42380474
    what board ur using? bios 3004 or 3001?

  6. #26
    New ROGer Array igralec84 PC Specs
    igralec84 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2x F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 FE + EK Waterblock
    MonitorHP Omen 32
    Storage #1WD Blue 250gb M.2
    Storage #2Kingston SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X360
    CaseThermaltake Core P3
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 3x Noctua NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Premium Riser
    igralec84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    83

    Quote Originally Posted by isee133 View Post
    Was on 2801 and updated to the new 3001.

    System: 3900x (NHD15), 4x8GB DDR4 3600c14 (B-die, DRAM calculator settings), CH7-WiFi

    2801: CB20 ~7250 points, 4075-4125MHz core clock, ~70-71°C
    3001: CB20 ~7060 points, 4050MHz core clock, ~70°C
    3001: CB20 + PBO ~7150 points, 4125MHz core clock
    3001: CB20 + PBO, -0.1V offset ~7430 points, 4150-4175MHz core clock, ~65°C


    2801: TimeSpy CPU score ~13800
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/41640509

    3001: CB20 + PBO, -0.1V offset ~14000
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/42380474
    Interesting, tried it with a 3700X and C7H 3004 BIOS in C20 all core test:
    2801 score was 4767
    3004 score was 4610
    3004 + PBO enabled (from auto) + 0.075v undervolt score was 4912

    Due to the undervolt, no cores now reach 4400mhz, before 2-3 did in desktop idle situations.

  7. #27
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by akmalphoenix View Post
    what board ur using? bios 3004 or 3001?
    Sorry, my mistake. It's the new 3004. Board is X470 CH7 WiFi

  8. #28
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by igralec84 View Post
    Interesting, tried it with a 3700X and C7H 3004 BIOS in C20 all core test:
    2801 score was 4767
    3004 score was 4610
    3004 + PBO enabled (from auto) + 0.075v undervolt score was 4912

    Due to the undervolt, no cores now reach 4400mhz, before 2-3 did in desktop idle situations.

    Also only reaching 4500MHz in desktop situations now (4550 previously). But overall performance seems to be higher with PBO and undervolt.

    Tested FC5 New Dawn, which is very CPU limited on Ryzen 3000:

    2801: 7217 frames rendered
    https://abload.de/image.php?img=fc5ndoldpfjgb.jpg

    3004 + PBO + 0.1v undervolt: 7631 frames rendered (+5%)
    https://abload.de/image.php?img=farc..._2newtbkm3.png

    Could be a coincidence, for all I know. But you are also getting a 3% performance boost in CB20 with 3004+PBO+undervolt. So maybe there is something to this...
    We'd need more data tbh.

  9. #29
    New ROGer Array igralec84 PC Specs
    igralec84 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)2x F4-3200C14-8GVK
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 FE + EK Waterblock
    MonitorHP Omen 32
    Storage #1WD Blue 250gb M.2
    Storage #2Kingston SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerEK-KIT X360
    CaseThermaltake Core P3
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 3x Noctua NF-F12
    Accessory #2 Phanteks Premium Riser
    igralec84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    83

    Quote Originally Posted by isee133 View Post
    Also only reaching 4500MHz in desktop situations now (4550 previously). But overall performance seems to be higher with PBO and undervolt.

    Tested FC5 New Dawn, which is very CPU limited on Ryzen 3000:

    2801: 7217 frames rendered
    https://abload.de/image.php?img=fc5ndoldpfjgb.jpg

    3004 + PBO + 0.1v undervolt: 7631 frames rendered (+5%)
    https://abload.de/image.php?img=farc..._2newtbkm3.png

    Could be a coincidence, for all I know. But you are also getting a 3% performance boost in CB20 with 3004+PBO+undervolt. So maybe there is something to this...
    We'd need more data tbh.
    Yeah it seems PBO + undervolt gives more real world performance where it's CPU intensive, just doesn't reach the advertised boost clocks. It seems also for a 3700X 0.1v undervolt and PBO Auto (not sure what auto is, might be 125-150) gave best R20 scores on all cores, but nothing special on single core.

    Without PBO and UV in 20 mins of desktop and browsing, my cores stack up nicely, 2x 4400, 2x 4375, 2x 4350 and 2x 4300 but all scores are worse compared to 2801 and probably 2901 too (i skipped that one).

    Using the AMD Ryzen Balanced plan, not sure if the 1usmus one is still better with the current chipset drivers.

  10. #30
    Rockford
    Guest
    I can understand the frustration, many time Asus is releasing software updates far from perfect
    but on the other hand many inexperienced users spend so much time updating software all the time (even tho they don't need) and that will eventually lead to issues for the user
    Last edited by Rockford; 12-28-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •