cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard on after shutdown : question for those on latest mx code bios

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
So I recently got a new keyboard (ducky one2 mini rgb). I own other ducky keyboards and neither of them stay lit after shutdown. In fact no other peripherals stay lit after shutdown.. due to a quirk of this keyboard it does stay lit. The usual recommendations about fast start-up hybrid sleep and so forth are not applicable because I don't use those as it is nor do other peripherals light up. I do not have a specific USB port selection within my BIOS version because it is an older one. The only option left to disable it after shutdown is to enable the erp settings within the BIOS. However when I do that, either on one option or the other, it either disables my RGB motherboard lighting or it makes the computer do these weird double startups and shutdowns. I have the Maximus x code.

I'm wondering if on the latest bios, flexibility of simply disabling USB ports after shutdown has been made available? Or is the erp method the only way to truly cut power after shutdown? Just a small annoyance, but curious about it.

I also tried to do a backdoor solution and utilize the USB hub on my monitor which goes into power save mode after shutdown but since that USB hub plugs into the motherboard itself it also kept the keyboard awake.

Thoughts?
0 REPLIES 0