cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound blaster problem after 5406(1.0.0.4b) bios

xartemporas
Level 7
Hello. I have Asus x470 gaming-f, Ryzen 5 3600 and Windows 10 x64 1903. After installing 5406 bios(1.0.0.4b) I have sound problems with my creative sound blaster z card. 5.1 surround sound randomly reassigns from speaker to speaker whenever I run any application or game. I also have cracking and poping sound. I rolled back to 5220 bios(1.0.0.3abb) but problem still exist!(I had NEVER problems before with 5220 bios). I also tried to fix it by uninstall / reinstall audio drivers(I tried 2014, 2017 and 2019 drivers from creative), uninstall/ reinstall motherboard chipset drivers, installed 1909 windows update, reinstall 1903.. Nothing fixed the problem. Please help.
3 REPLIES 3

xartemporas
Level 7
** I just removed the card and tried with on board realtek audio.. I have crackling and popping sound in game.. Everything was working perfect before 5406 bios!(1.004b)! But how can problem still exist after I roll back my bios ? ? Only Asus and Amd knows...

Jesseinsf
Level 10
xartemporas wrote:
Hello. I have Asus x470 gaming-f, Ryzen 5 3600 and Windows 10 x64 1903. After installing 5406 bios(1.0.0.4b) I have sound problems with my creative sound blaster z card. 5.1 surround sound randomly reassigns from speaker to speaker whenever I run any application or game. I also have cracking and poping sound. I rolled back to 5220 bios(1.0.0.3abb) but problem still exist!(I had NEVER problems before with 5220 bios). I also tried to fix it by uninstall / reinstall audio drivers(I tried 2014, 2017 and 2019 drivers from creative), uninstall/ reinstall motherboard chipset drivers, installed 1909 windows update, reinstall 1903.. Nothing fixed the problem. Please help.

Keep it on the latest UEFI firmware (BIOS). Download the Windows download tool from Microsoft and have the tool create USB media. Download all the drivers and also put it on the USB flash drive. Reset Bios to factory defaults. Restore all your UEFI (BIOS) settings. If you have an SSD then Secure erase it. Unplug all USB devices except the Mouse and Keyboard (or Bluetooth dongle for keyboard/mouse). At this point you can turn on Secure Boot if you want to (The Windows download tool makes the install media Secure Boot bootable). Install Windows and unplug/turn off the internet right when you see your desktop. Install all the chipset and Video Drivers that you downloaded on to the USB drive. Install the Sound Card drivers and then turn the internet back on and do a Windows update. Install your audio application. Now without installing anything else test out you audio and see if there is any issues. Now if there is any issues then it is either an Audio driver issue or a hardware issue. If no issues then install everything else and test again. Please note: You can configure Windows update to whatever your needs are. Now within those settings you can turn on "Receive updates from other Microsoft products". I usually turn this on, but it's up to you whether you want that feature on or not.

Jesseinsf wrote:
Keep it on the latest UEFI firmware (BIOS). Download the Windows download tool from Microsoft and have the tool create USB media. Download all the drivers and also put it on the USB flash drive. Reset Bios to factory defaults. Restore all your UEFI (BIOS) settings. If you have an SSD then Secure erase it. Unplug all USB devices except the Mouse and Keyboard (or Bluetooth dongle for keyboard/mouse). At this point you can turn on Secure Boot if you want to (The Windows download tool makes the install media Secure Boot bootable). Install Windows and unplug/turn off the internet right when you see your desktop. Install all the chipset and Video Drivers that you downloaded on to the USB drive. Install the Sound Card drivers and then turn the internet back on and do a Windows update. Install your audio application. Now without installing anything else test out you audio and see if there is any issues. Now if there is any issues then it is either an Audio driver issue or a hardware issue. If no issues then install everything else and test again. Please note: You can configure Windows update to whatever your needs are. Now within those settings you can turn on "Receive updates from other Microsoft products". I usually turn this on, but it's up to you whether you want that feature on or not.

I found the problem. It was my dram manual timings. Everything is ok now. Thank you anyway! 