cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do with my gl703gs laptop which freezes 10 times an evening?

merin18437
Level 7
Hello!
About a year ago, I became the proud owner of the Asus ROG gl703gs laptop. Some time ago, fans stopped working, and I sent it to the asus service center. They replaced the motherboard and sent the laptop back. But after that, the laptop stopped working normally. I sent it back with such a letter inside:

Hello. Before the first breakdown, my laptop worked fine. But recently the fans stopped working. I sent it to a service center where the motherboard was replaced. When I received it, it looked fine and in working condition. Until I started playing games. If before I had no problems in these games, but now after service tried to fix the fans looks like CPU overheating and laptop freezing after 20-40 minutes. I checked windows system events log and found a lot of processor errors (attached screenshot).These errors are even in idle mode, not only in working mode. There were no such errors before it got repaired. If you need, I can send a copy of the log file to confirm. I did HARD reset, BIOS reset, FACTORY reset, but this did not solve the error problem. Also, the left speaker hasn't been fixed, still have the same problem (in the first breakdown I also pointed it out). When I listen to speech / watch video / listen to music, I hear a clear rattle in the left speaker at high frequencies(for example, listen how talkin windows voice helper Cortana, or any talking video from youtube).The volume level does not matter. Maybe this is a design problem, because it was from the time of purchase. After all of the above, I would like a repair, or replacement with a similar new model. Because I'm working on this laptop, and it is very important for me. I don't want to send it again. Thank you and have great day!

They again replaced the motherboard and both coolers. After which the laptop began to work even worse (but processor error disappeared). I can’t even just surf the Internet, my laptop freezes 10 times a evening. Plus, they installed a defective fan on the processor. Now when I lift my laptop off the table, I hear a sound inside from the laptop, as if it clings to something! And recently, when I tried to download the game from Steam, I got an error that the hard drive D working with problems! It still works, but SMART gives a warning about the danger. What should I do with all of this? The service center does not repair, but breaks my laptop. Also, after the last repair, I noticed a "new feature". If I download something, or just copy, I have interference while listening to audio files.The laptop is still under warranty. May be i can return my money? Or fix it myself? Because asus service center can't help me.......
3 REPLIES 3

merin18437
Level 7
maybe someone knows how to fix the freezes?

hexaae
Level 12
Try asking for NVMe replacement too (could be faulty)... But seriously, that's the worst situation I've ever read. I've had freezes issues in the past on my GL703GS (see https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104894-Anyone-have-a-stable-GL703GS-DS74/page3 ) but in RMA they replaced the mobo and everything was solved (sudden freezes = underpowered faulty units, usually).
Did you register your laptop? ASUS new warranty terms (at least in 2019), after 3 serious RMA will refund you the money and let you keep the repaired machine (!) too. You can ask them to replace old laptop with newer equivalent model (e.g. GL704GW... no g-sync though but you can switch on iGPU and play also 4K Blu-Ray you can't on GL703GS with disabled iGPU)
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

hexaae wrote:

Did you register your laptop? ASUS new warranty terms (at least in 2019), after 3 serious RMA will refund you the money and let you keep the repaired machine (!) too.

are you sure? i can't find this information https://www.asus.com/support/images/upload/05922033-28b5-40a3-8ef2-314781c08f4d.pdf