cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Grizzly question.

bobbagels
Level 7
Hello hello,

I am changing my CPU cooler ( from an old Swiftech H240 to a Swiftech H360 X3) and I ordered some Thermal Grizzly Tim (which was highly recommended)

I got 2 different things, Both Thermal Grizzly products.
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Therman Grizzly Hydronaut.

Can anyone tell me the difference and which one is best to use between heatsink and CPU chip?

I appreciate any advice, thank you

And
And
MERRY X MAS !!!
😛
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Merry xmas bob!

Honestly they are much of a muchness...so either....Kryonaut has slightly higher thermal conductivity...but it's close as anything...and if you squeeze a bit out of each you may find one spreads easier and gives a thinner layer and might go with that

Maybe experiment with both if you have time to do your own testing...

Braegnok
Level 14
They are both fine to use.

Kryonaut was developed for extremely demanding applications, and has a higher rated thermal conductivity, and is not suitable for silicone sensitive applications.

Hydronaut was developed for users with large heat sinks, has excellent thermal conductivity but lower rated than Kryonaut,.. and is suitable for silicone sensitive applications as it is silicone free.

Both are not electrically conductive, and require no curing.

I recommend going with the Kryonaut if your overclocking, and for high long-term stability.

bobbagels
Level 7
Hello,

Reporting in

Walp, I went with the Kryonaut.
Very easy to spread.

Machine is back together and all is good 🙂

I had a H240 in there (push pull) (Tim was Artic MX)
and just went to a H360. (just 3 fans on top)

Between the AIO upgrade and the Thermal Grizzly I think I am running about 5 degrees lower at idle (which Im happy to take lol)
Havent tested under a load yet but so far so good.
Thx guys for advice.