cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A second opinion

Giannis996
Level 9
Hello RoGers,

After a Very carefull search for my new pc build and the info and tips that you gave me on my last threa about it i decided to buy the following stuff:

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme/Battlefield 3
CPU: intel Core i7 Extreme Edition (i want the best gaming prossesor in the market so plz tell me if this isnt the best 1)
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX590 Watercooled (i might buy an other 1 in the future for SLI)
Case:Corsair Obsidian 800D series Full tower
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1LT
PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W or Corsair Gold AX 1200 (help me decide plz)
Ram: Corsair Vegeance (help me decide the best for my motherborad :p)

I also want to use a SSD from Corsair probably Force GT series but im open to recomendations i dont know much about SSD's yet 😛

This PC is enough expensive for me that i dont want to make any mistakes buying wrong things so plz i need your advise as im not so pro as you are 🙂

ill also use Corsair H80 series for my CPU cooling and the rest of the watercooling stuff ill buy from Ekwaterblocks.com
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
10 REPLIES 10

Area_66
Level 11
Definitively a AX 1200, way better CPU I really like it. For the SSD, you better with an Intel 520 ( 5 years warantty ) , If you want WC don't loose your time with the Corsair H80, go directelly with the Ek or koolance block, a good rad , pump and reservoir

here a pic of the Rad and Fan I use in my 800d , keep in mind it's a pic when I build it, some stuff are missing espeically the WC GPU
, I will upgrade all this with the new Maximus V formual , as soon I can get one...

Retired
Not applicable
Area 66 wrote:
Definitively a AX 1200, way better CPU I really like it. For the SSD, you better with an Intel 520 ( 5 years warantty ) , If you want WC don't loose your time with the Corsair H80, go directelly with the Ek or koolance block, a good rad , pump and reservoir

here a pic of the Rad and Fan I use in my 800d , keep in mind it's a pic when I build it, some stuff are missing espeically the WC GPU
, I will upgrade all this with the new Maximus V formual , as soon I can get one...

Nice, giving me a brute force impression..

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Very Nice Area 66, You finally post up a picture of your system. Good attention to Detail.

DaemonCantor wrote:
Very Nice Area 66, You finally post up a picture of your system. Good attention to Detail.

This pic is over 18 months. now the 800d is in my shop , I use it only for download drivers for my customers, but with the new Formula board...thing will change.

this is how it look now, I change the motherboard and the CPU is not WC cooled anymore.

and here in the last day before I made the cleaning and the change

DaemonCantor
Level 13
It maybe a little dirty but I still think it looks good and goes to show you do know your system.

so its better to buy an intel SSD plz can you link?

BTW nice PC even dirty its awesome do you think its a good idea to watercool my rampage IV extreme?

WHO_FARTED_
Level 10
ditch that h80 and make your kit. water cooling isnt a bad idea, but its cost more and takes time to install. It cuts down on the need for 80 case fans blowing 10 tons of dust into your case. A good loop will cool your cpu and gpu. Just look at pics above as to how to run it. as far as RAM, if its for gaming I'd go with a 1600mhz 8gb kit. As long as it has xmp. Dont worry to much about speed or timings. If you plan on overclocking I dont see where you would have to spend more on the extreme just buy the 3630, unless you just have the extra money to waste. Ive never seen a review that anyone justifies the price of the extremes.

ok im waiting the oterboard PSU and case to come ill upload the photos and the progress no the build and i think its better to help me during my try

Giannis996 wrote:
ok im waiting the oterboard PSU and case to come ill upload the photos and the progress no the build and i think its better to help me during my try

No problem just ask