Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

112k failed for 4 minutes. And half minute later I got thermal throttling. It seems that I dont have room for testing with this particular cpu without going for delid.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 112k.jpg  

New ROGer Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C14D-32GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG35VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerWatercool MO-RA3 420 Pro
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Accessory #1 D5-Dualtop Modul & Heatkiller Tube 150
    Accessory #2 Optimus Signature V2 CPU block
    Accessory #3 Optimus Absolute GPU block

Seems your voltages are crazy high, have you checked your CPU socket for bent pins, or any damage to socket?

My i9-9900KS at default settings idle Vcore is 0.746V. And under load default settings Vcore is 1.163V. Running 3600MHz 1.45V memory.

Screen Shot default settings : https://imgur.com/a/vI5zZGf

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Braegnok View Post
    Seems your voltages are crazy high, have you checked your CPU socket for bent pins, or any damage to socket?

My i9-9900KS at default settings idle Vcore is 0.746V. And under load default settings Vcore is 1.163V. Running 3600MHz 1.45V memory.

Screen Shot default settings : https://imgur.com/a/vI5zZGf
    That's not how you check idle VID btw. And idle vcore is irrelevant. We're talking about VID here.
    To check base VID, you must disable all power saving and used a fixed voltage. Then set AC/DC Loadlines to 0.01 (SVID best case scenario), then look at the VID at idle in windows.

It's not a bent pin. That wouldn't even affect the VID reported because all CPU's are binned based on silicon quality, and each core will be programmed with an average base VID (each mulitplier from 800 mhz to 5 ghz will have its own VID, except a few intermediate ones), and the higher the base VID, the worse the silicon quality. Although in the vast majority of cases, if two processors are run at identical load voltages and loadline calibration levels and identical cooling (example: 5 ghz @ 1.30v Bios set, LLC: 5), the processor with the lower default VID usually runs hotter.

The VID on his chip at 5 ghz is equal to an 'average' 9900k sample. KS chips are supposed to be near-golden 9900k's.
    Last edited by Falkentyne; 12-27-2019 at 10:26 PM.

New ROGer Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C14D-32GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG35VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerWatercool MO-RA3 420 Pro
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Accessory #1 D5-Dualtop Modul & Heatkiller Tube 150
    Accessory #2 Optimus Signature V2 CPU block
    Accessory #3 Optimus Absolute GPU block

My bad, wasn't trying to barge in on your conversation.

I should have used the reply with quote tab. As I was referring to context in post # 1 from OP.

Rockford
    i strongly doubt the CPU is degrading after this short time at this voltage/heat
    Don't bother RMA the CPU, its only a waste of your time
    Good luck

New ROGer Array

Most probably will return both the motherboard and the cpu... last month or two of experiments was painful for me and proving that what is advertised and reviewed by the big medias is complete bul****.
    In order to have really stable 5ghz for sure:
    - you must have big custom water cooling (or live in the north pole)
    - have won the national lottery at least twice...
    - be millionaire and order from every component at least two pieces because half of them are trash
    - have too much time to loose (planned multiplied by at least 3 plus some spare weekends...)
    Last edited by edhunterbg; 12-28-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Rockford
    Most probably will return both the motherboard and the cpu...

Ok its your choice of course, but i am almost certain that you wont get better results with the new hardware

Make the best of what you got instead..

Rockford
    Computer hardware electronics is physics, it meaning that it wont perform exactly the same after each new post/boot (nothing is straight in the laws of universe)
    So if you manage to get a perfectly "stable" 5.0ghz one day then it can still fail within the next couple of days or weeks, especially if you push the physical hardware limitations
    High LLC is never good for stable 24/7 overclocks, it only makes them wobbly
    Processors are different also, someone may pull of a nice 5 ghz OC, while others dont
    Knowledge and OC experience is different also, some users may pull of a 5 ghz OC, while others dont
    The bottom line: Its difficult to get 100% stable OC when bashing the HW physical limitations (higher clocks need more voltage, more voltage generate more heat=higher resistance, instability)
    Note: Prime95 and other stress tests, NEVER prove a OC is stable, it only prove that you passed the test that given day......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72e73d867205a6183ad794cb07119ba2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	83569
    Last edited by Rockford; 12-28-2019 at 11:13 PM.

New ROGer Array

Agree ... but. 9900KS is advertised as 5Ghz all cores right .. so it should do them out of the box .. but it does not. That is what frustrates me.

Rockford
    ok, sorry i am not up to date with the new intel stuff

So the CPU is failing its specifications?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast