Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    New ROGer Array

yes it downclocks ...

Now I ran optimized defaults and changed only mce to remove all limits
    As a result it still downclocks .. this time only to 4.8 and the LinX failed on 3rd cycle

New ROGer Array

BTW, both kits that I have tried are with Samsung b-die chips K4A8G085WB-BCPB. I dont have others.
    This board should love theese .. but who knows.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by edhunterbg View Post
    BTW, both kits that I have tried are with Samsung b-die chips K4A8G085WB-BCPB. I dont have others.
    This board should love theese .. but who knows.
    I'm telling you. RMA the chip.
    It's a 9900KS, not even stable at 9900k stock settings...(much less 9900ks stock settings).
    You're testing RAM. RAM isn't the problem.
    40k FMA3 doesn't even access main memory yet. The LinX tests just confirmed that the CPU is bad.

If the new CPU (which will almost assuredly be a lower VID than this which will make it better) has the same issue then you know it's the motherboard. And at worst, you will have to RMA the motherboard and have a better CPU to show for it (checking the base 5 ghz VID which should be lower than 1.210v at idle).

New ROGer Array

Falkentyne
    I requested return of both the cpu and the board. Dont have time and nerves to go on.
    I decided to switch to AMD 3950x
    3 months ago, I assembled for my son amd mid class ryzen 3600. Yes there were issues, but after few bios updates everything is rock stable.

For me ... I wanted to stay with intel highest desktop option, but it just doesn't work. Believe it or not its third i9 cpu and second board that I am returning to amazon for the last two months
    I am completely unlucky or the intel hardware from amazon is the worst bin I dont know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4