cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog GL704GW graphic bug

Filfras
Level 7
Hi!
I used my Asus Rog Strix Scar II (GL704GW) and tried playing Witcher 3. This happens regardless if I´ve just booted up the game or if I´ve played some. Cutscenes seems to make it worse. I use the recommended settings and get a graphic bug of dancing bright dota and black squares.

I updated all drivers, I updated bios... what can I do? Is this the signs of a faulty card? The RTX 2070 has a Micron memory.

I´ve not been able to recreate the bug with other games as of yet.

I know very little about these kinds of things, so please explain noob-friendly. Help is greatly appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Underclock the GPU and gpu memory and see if that fixes it.

Filfras
Level 7
Thank you! I have now underlocked the CPU and GPU memory and it did not fix the problem. I tried following this guide to the point (except adding more RAM):
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?109943-The-Noob-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-the-ROG-STRIX-SCAR-II-...

It did not help with the graphical bugs. The frame rate is still good, the game does not crash, it is just the random colorful flares that keep popping up and sometimes flashes of black squares. If I tick off "bloom" in the game options, the flares are not as big, but still there.

Tor_Spo
Level 8
Filfras wrote:
Hi!
I just bought my Asus Rog Strix Scar II (GL704GW) and tried playing Witcher 3. This happens regardless if I´ve just booted up the game or if I´ve played some. Cutscenes seems to make it worse. I use the recommended settings and get the following graphic bug:

https://youtu.be/9CI1ejC0k7Q

I updated all drivers, I updated bios... what can I do? Is this the signs of a faulty card? The RTX 2070 has a Micron memory.

I´ve not been able to recreate the bug with other games as of yet. I don´t have many graphic heavy games yet.

I know very little about these kinds of things, so please explain noob-friendly. Help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: It won't get through a 3dMark-test without displaying more serious errors and then also crashing the 3dMark so no results can be given. Tried the "Time spy" test.

what driver version you are using? if you download the driver from the laptop's own support page you should update to the newer ones that you can download from nvidia's page..
but if that does not help it's propably faulty gpu, overheating gpu or something hardware related. GL!

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
As the other guy suggested, try different gpu drivers. If that doesn't fix it, send it back while it's still under warranty.

mar_ga
Level 7
Filfras wrote:
Hi!
I just bought my Asus Rog Strix Scar II (GL704GW) and tried playing Witcher 3. This happens regardless if I´ve just booted up the game or if I´ve played some. Cutscenes seems to make it worse. I use the recommended settings and get the following graphic bug:

https://youtu.be/9CI1ejC0k7Q

I´ve not been able to recreate the bug with other games as of yet. I don´t have many graphic heavy games yet.

Edit: It won't get through a 3dMark-test without displaying more serious errors and then also crashing the 3dMark so no results can be given. Tried the "Time spy" test.

For me is purely defective GPU - graphical artifact generally appear when the GPU are defected/overclocked to much

Send it for Warranty