cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 3700x OC on B350-F

Deodedros
Level 7
Yesterday my friend and I went to a local computer store and he bought a ryzen 3700x to upgrade from his 1600 and we're wondering how to OC it in the bios. I did update the bios to the most recent version 5220 but despite that can't OC. Should I revert to an older version like 5008 or 5204?
17 REPLIES 17

archie79
Level 7
Unfortunately you can't overclock on these boards.

archie79 wrote:
Unfortunately you can't overclock on these boards.

Wait what? How come there are youtube videos that show them overclocking?

Apologies I am unfamiliar with Ryzen CPU's and boards. It seems you can OC with these boards but it says not to expect anything major as they are a low end OC board. To how you do it I am not too sure as I have been using Intel for the last 5 years.

archie79 wrote:
Apologies I am unfamiliar with Ryzen CPU's and boards. It seems you can OC with these boards but it says not to expect anything major as they are a low end OC board. To how you do it I am not too sure as I have been using Intel for the last 5 years.

Ahh ok, welp thanks for trying. Guess I got some more research to do.

what does he say is true. u can oc with that board, but i really not recommend it, bcause it has a low VRM support. im afraid that u can fry that board or ur cpu.
just leave it at stock settings, just enable DOCP if that board has it and call it a day. if u really want to oc that cpu u need to change to b450 or x370 or higher.

akmalphoenix wrote:
what does he say is true. u can oc with that board, but i really not recommend it, bcause it has a low VRM support. im afraid that u can fry that board or ur cpu.
just leave it at stock settings, just enable DOCP if that board has and call it a day. if u really want to oc that cpu u need to change to b450 or x370 or higher.

Yea I guess but then what would be the point in buying the 3700x. I find in anothe article a guy was able to gt 4.00 ghz so maybe we'll get lucky with this.

Retired
Not applicable
The point of buying a 3700X is maybe that its a good CPU, its really no need to overclock it, performance is good anyway and the turbo boost is 4400mhz if i am not wrong
The motherboard is not really suitable for running that 8 core CPU overclocked for long periods of time, a 4 or 6 core CPU would not be any problems
The power consumption of that processor could end up @ 150w-200w overclocked (1,3v-1,4v)
Sure it could work in theory if caution is taken, but the problem is that many users is running prime95 for hours in the never ending chase for believed stability, and the power delivery circuit on your motherboard would have to work close to its temperature limitations
So i think its wise to listen to the others in this thread

Ryzen CPU TDP is based on base clock frequency/voltage, and in you case 3600mhz

Run it stock, its also my advice.......

Retired
Not applicable
Sloppy example: 2700X / 8 core

4000mhz
Auto vcore voltage
package pulling 149w

So I made a reply to this thread and the server went and borked itself? 😛

Anyway to sum up what I was on about...

That board is not meant to overclock 8 cores. If you must you can see if BIOS lets you disable some cores and then you can try to OC your faster cores. What I would do if I was you is consider a new CPU cooler if you are using the stock one and make sure XMP (DOCP) is enabled so your RAM runs at rated speed. If you want to experiment on getting better performance still I would look into overclicking the DIMMs/tighten timings and look into overclocking the Infinity Fabric.