cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning for bios 3004 for C7H!!

xeizo
Level 12
I use USB soundcards and bios 3004 is spamming USB errors to the soundcards, never happened on ANY earlier bios. Makes the soundcards unusable as the sound drops out. Changed back to bios 2901 and the errors are 100% gone.

My Prime Pro with bios 5406, also 1004B, never have had such issues and also not my Aorus M with 1004B either so it's not a AMD error but totally on Asus bios QA.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850
11 REPLIES 11

mimosoft
Level 7
Hi! I use a Sharkoon Gaming DAC Pro S USB soundcard and everything is working fine so far with 3004. How do you recognize errors? Sound stuttering?

mimosoft wrote:
Hi! I use a Sharkoon Gaming DAC Pro S USB soundcard and everything is working fine so far with 3004. How do you recognize errors? Sound stuttering?

It drops out fully, sometimes for a short time sometimes a very long time. My Yamaha USB driver control panel flashes a big "USB Signal Error" warning sign. It works perfect with 2901 and all earlier bioses, as well as my Prime Pro with 1004B and my Aorus M with 1004B. Also tried reinstall driver, same problem. To repeat, works perfect on all the other bioses.

I saw a user on overclock.net complain that his usb keyboard was losing connection much in the same way.

It's definetely a bug, but it's possible it doesn't affect all hardware combinations but for me I can't use 3004. I have tried with two different model USB interfaces, same problem with both.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

amadeus1171
Level 7
xeizo wrote:
I use USB soundcards and bios 3004 is spamming USB errors to the soundcards, never happened on ANY earlier bios. Makes the soundcards unusable as the sound drops out. Changed back to bios 2901 and the errors are 100% gone.

My Prime Pro with bios 5406, also 1004B, never have had such issues and also not my Aorus M with 1004B either so it's not a AMD error but totally on Asus bios QA.

I was just about to ask if I should be scared.

liakou
Level 7
xeizo wrote:

Please clarify USB errors and sound dropouts. Others of us also use usb audio devices without expreriencing these kind of issues.

liakou
Level 7
Check overclock.net. I gave you a reply there with a suggestion to check, as I have experienced what you describe a while ago.

xeizo
Level 12
Yes, I saw the reply. It has the potential to solve the issue(raising VDDG higher than before) but I wont likely try, unless I have some spare time over, as performance of 3004 was clearly lower than 2901 so nothing to gain really.

bartoszmaj
Level 7
After installing newest 3004 bios on CH7 Wifi, my Asus Xonar Essence 1 Muses works fine. Tested on Foobar2000 with ASIO plugin and Slipknot-Sic in Flac

It is well known 1.0.0.4 needs some settings in order to work with a few sound cards. Can't look for the link now, but the new setting is called something like "PCIe 10-bit flag" or something. It has "PCIe" and "flag". Google it and you'll be fine -- I think it's within "AMD CBS".

loinad wrote:
It is well known 1.0.0.4 needs some settings in order to work with a few sound cards. Can't look for the link now, but the new setting is called something like "PCIe 10-bit flag" or something. It has "PCIe" and "flag". Google it and you'll be fine -- I think it's within "AMD CBS".

Nothing needs changing with 3004 bios regarding that issue as that setting you're taking about is set to auto in the Bios & for that option auto equals disabled, I'm guessing Asus did that due to the problems being reported with some sound cards.

I was expecting issues myself upon installing 3004 as I have a soundblaster ae-5 but with that 10 bit option being disabled I've had zero issue with the latest bios, sound card working fine, zero issues with any USB devices including usb speakers which I sometimes use instead of using headphones connected to my sound card.

All in all I'm more than happy with 3004 bios.