cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme - Four Channel RAM Issue

Dimachaerus
Level 7
Anyone having issues getting the Motherboard to post with the recommended memory configuration for four RAM sticks (D1, C1, A1, B1)?

My motherboard posts fine if I populate the RAM in pairs (i.e. C1/C2 and B1/B2) but hangs when I try the four channel approach - the LED on the Motherboard gets stuck at "Mem Test".

I have CMT32GX4M4K3600C16(Ver4.31) which is on the QVL list but my friend has the same motherboard with four sticks of the G.SKILL Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC (not on the QVL list) and has the exact same issue - he also has the same issue when using my RAM.

I'm using the latest BIOS - otherwise all testing seems rock stable but frustrated with the memory situation.
16 REPLIES 16

bogdi1988
Level 8
Dimachaerus wrote:
Anyone having issues getting the Motherboard to post with the recommended memory configuration for four RAM sticks (D1, C1, A1, B1)?

My motherboard posts fine if I populate the RAM in pairs (i.e. C1/C2 and B1/B2) but hangs when I try the four channel approach - the LED on the Motherboard gets stuck at "Mem Test".

I have CMT32GX4M4K3600C16(Ver4.31) which is on the QVL list but my friend has the same motherboard with four sticks of the G.SKILL Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC (not on the QVL list) and has the exact same issue - he also has the same issue when using my RAM.

I'm using the latest BIOS - otherwise all testing seems rock stable but frustrated with the memory situation.

You made sure the RAM is not bad, right? I bought 2 Trident Z Neo recently (2 kits of 2x16GB modules) and one kit had a bad stick - had to RMA it.

bogdi1988 wrote:
You made sure the RAM is not bad, right? I bought 2 Trident Z Neo recently (2 kits of 2x16GB modules) and one kit had a bad stick - had to RMA it.

Yeah - memory passed both memtest86 and windows memtest. Fairly frustrating given the cost of the board but I guess I'll wait and hope that a BIOS update resolves.

bogdi1988
Level 8
I just got my 2 other modules and with all 4 it posts fine at 3600mhz; no hickups. super happy with it so far!

bogdi1988 wrote:
I just got my 2 other modules and with all 4 it posts fine at 3600mhz; no hickups. super happy with it so far!

When you say with all four I'm assuming you mean in D1, C1, A1, B1? Out of curiosity what memory are you using?

Dimachaerus wrote:
When you say with all four I'm assuming you mean in D1, C1, A1, B1? Out of curiosity what memory are you using?

2 sets of GSkill Trident Z Neo (F4-3600C18D-32GTZN). Yes, running in D1, C1, A1, B1 (2nd from the CPU and 4th from the CPU on each side).
I even managed to overclock the RAM to 3733MHz (and Fabric Link to 1866) and it runs super stable!

bogdi1988 wrote:
2 sets of GSkill Trident Z Neo (F4-3600C18D-32GTZN). Yes, running in D1, C1, A1, B1 (2nd from the CPU and 4th from the CPU on each side).
I even managed to overclock the RAM to 3733MHz (and Fabric Link to 1866) and it runs super stable!

Hi bogdi1988,

How do you like your 3970x, the RAM you have with the Asus Zenith II Extreme so far?

I'll receive Friday the motherboard AZIIE, Alpha version is not available yet, so I decided to go with AZIIE.

Any comments would be very appreciated on how it goes and if you are experiencing some issue?

Thanks

bogdi1988 wrote:

I followed your post and ordered the same kit of RAM.

It's stable and working at 3733MHz either.

The only thing I have is that when I reboot or start the computer, it makes a random loop for about 1 to 10 times before posting something.

BTW, have you been trying to install Linux? Here I get stuck while it's loading Linux installation. 😞

trango
Level 7
Dimachaerus wrote:

I have exact same issue. 4 DIMMs on QVL only work on channels A/B. C/D slots when populated cause hang in Memory Test in BIOS. All sticks on just A/B boot fine with full memory recognized, but as you know just 2 of the 4 channels of BW....

Anyone figure out a solution? Running 0702 FW.

trango wrote:
I have exact same issue. 4 DIMMs on QVL only work on channels A/B. C/D slots when populated cause hang in Memory Test in BIOS. All sticks on just A/B boot fine with full memory recognized, but as you know just 2 of the 4 channels of BW....

Anyone figure out a solution? Running 0702 FW.

I have had memory test lockup in BIOS when I set the Fabric Link to 1900 (overclock). Set the link manually to 1800 and see if that does anything.