cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme intermittent device detection

bogdi1988
Level 8
Running into this weird issue with my system.
Zenith II with 3970X, 6xNVME (2 in DIMM M.2, 2 in M.2.1 and M.2.2 and 2 in ASUS Hyper M.2 x16), Corsair 1000D case and AX1600i PSU.
Bios is 702, Fastboot is disabled, NVME RAID enabled, PCIe slot 3 set in RAID mode for Hyper card.

During reboots, randomly some devices are not detected. Either the DIMM M.2 NVMEs, or the USB devices for the 1000D or AX1600i PSU. Doing a complete power off and power on, all devices are detected OK.

Anyone else running into this issue?
5 REPLIES 5

DJ_Datte
Level 7
bogdi1988 wrote:
Zenith II with 3970X, 6xNVME (2 in DIMM M.2, 2 in M.2.1 and M.2.2 and 2 in ASUS Hyper M.2 x16), Corsair 1000D case and AX1600i PSU.
Bios is 702, Fastboot is disabled, NVME RAID enabled, PCIe slot 3 set in RAID mode for Hyper card.

During reboots, randomly some devices are not detected. Either the DIMM M.2 NVMEs, or the USB devices for the 1000D or AX1600i PSU. Doing a complete power off and power on, all devices are detected OK.

Yep, not in the same way, it just does not let me boot with 3 GPUs or more. On X399, I can boot with 4 GPUs flawlessly.

gontch
Level 7
bogdi1988 wrote:

Running into a similar issue with 5 M.2 installed.
DIMM M.2 are always detected but 3 other drives can be missing.
However this is happening ONLY after exiting EUFI with Save and Restart option.
In all other cases all 5 drives are detected properly.
BIOS version is 0702

Windsurf48
Level 7
I have the same problem with one or more drives not detected on restarts, but always detected on cold boots. It usually happens when restarting after saving BIOS changes, but it has happened restarting for Windows or application updates, too.

I have the same exact issue but it's limited to a single m.2 drive.

nyxagamemnon wrote:
I have the same exact issue but it's limited to a single m.2 drive.

Same issue - on a cold boot, I’m fine. *But on a warm restart/reboot, I am sometimes stuck in UEFI since it doesn’t see the NVMe. * Complete power off and power back on and I’m fine. *At least it isn’t just me - which means a bug that has a higher chance of getting fixed!