cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtek audio driver problem: microphone | strix hero 2 gl504gm

Seppevs
Level 7
I bought the asus rog strix hero 2 laptop in June 2019 and it works fine exept for one thing. A couple of months back I started to get problems with my audio drivers. I can listen to music no problem but my microphone doesn't work anymore. It is 100% a driver issue and I tried to reinstall older drivers, the drivers from the asus website specifically for this machine (rog strix hero 2 gl 504gm) but none of it worked. I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on internet about this issue but I just can't get it fixed. Also when I plug in my headset, it doesn't appear in playback devices (my disabled devices are shown). My microphone is shown in the recording tab from the control panel but it doesn't receive any sound. I thought it would be solved if realtek would release a new driver update but the last update is from april 2019 so I don't think a new update will arrive. Is someone out there who had the same problem or just someone who can help me?
8 REPLIES 8

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
Does the onboard microphone work?
Is your headset jack or USB?
There is an error message in the device manager (Windows)?

REALTEK for NOTEBOOK is discussed in this forum
https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24364-latest-realtek-audio-codecs/

Greetings TOM

Tom Tromboni wrote:
Does the onboard microphone work?
Is your headset jack or USB?
There is an error message in the device manager (Windows)?

REALTEK for NOTEBOOK is discussed in this forum
https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24364-latest-realtek-audio-codecs/

Greetings TOM

My onboard mic does work. When I restore the old driver on my laptop, my mic works, but my audio doesn't. It's like I always have to sacrifice something: mic or audio. My headset is jack btw and thanks for redirecting me to the right forum 😉

jhierap23
Level 7
Seppevs wrote:
I bought the asus rog strix hero 2 laptop in June 2019 and it works fine exept for one thing. A couple of months back I started to get problems with my audio drivers. I can listen to music no problem but my microphone doesn't work anymore. It is 100% a driver issue and I tried to reinstall older drivers, the drivers from the asus website specifically for this machine (rog strix hero 2 gl 504gm) but none of it worked. I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on internet about this issue but I just can't get it fixed. Also when I plug in my headset, it doesn't appear in playback devices (my disabled devices are shown). My microphone is shown in the recording tab from the control panel but it doesn't receive any sound. I thought it would be solved if realtek would release a new driver update but the last update is from april 2019 so I don't think a new update will arrive. Is someone out there who had the same problem or just someone who can help me?

______
Is your problem has been resolved? thanks for your reply.

jhierap23 wrote:
______
Is your problem has been resolved? thanks for your reply.

Not yet, but asus sent me a driver that should work. I'll try it out now.

Seppevs wrote:
Not yet, but asus sent me a driver that should work. I'll try it out now.

And of course does that new driver not fix the problem...

i have an asus rog strix hero ii everything works except my microphone and webcam.....this one is not really important but my rog key does nothing the key with the logo on it whatever thats called it does nothing i know its supposed to do bring up some sort of setup need help please.

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
a stereo headset with mic have a 4-pin plug.
A stereo headset without a mic only has a 3-pin connector.

I keep cleaning the plugs with industrial alcohol and removing dust from the socket with compressed air
Try also the headset on another notebook.
Best regards TOM

And a Happy New Year

Tom Tromboni wrote:
a stereo headset with mic have a 4-pin plug.
A stereo headset without a mic only has a 3-pin connector.

I keep cleaning the plugs with industrial alcohol and removing dust from the socket with compressed air
Try also the headset on another notebook.
Best regards TOM

And a Happy New Year

I have 4 plug but it is a driver issue. Internal laptop mic is also not working