cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith ii extreme, Firewire cards issues

nomy
Level 7
Hi Guys!
When inserting a firewire 800 card (been trying two different cards) computer wont boot up..
Tried all solutions and settings in bios that I could find about this. But nothing changes anything.. computer wont boot.
Tried both slot 3 & 4.

when using slot 3 MOBO code say "Loading vga bios" then nothing..
when using slot 4 MOBO code say "Detect HDD" then nothing...

Nobody else had this problem?

Btw... ASUS support have to be the most slow process in history.

/Patrick
7 REPLIES 7

bogdi1988
Level 8
Yea, I called for a beta firmware for my router and they just quoted me 1 month on the process...

Check

wekri wrote:
Check

You have the same Problem? same gear?

I have exactly(!) the same problem. Changing slot to GEN1-3 via bios had no effect. Asus support in Germany could not help. Hope that a update (bios or agesa) will change the situation.
Werner

I have recurrent difficulties to post something in this forum (access denied) so may be any further comminication will be difficult....

wekri wrote:
I have exactly(!) the same problem. Changing slot to GEN1-3 via bios had no effect. Asus support in Germany could not help. Hope that a update (bios or agesa) will change the situation.
Werner

I have recurrent difficulties to post something in this forum (access denied) so may be any further comminication will be difficult....

So you Will just wait for an update or will you return the MOBO?

They sent my problem to Asus HQ so hopefully they will fix it.

No, I will wait - the mobo works fine otherwise.
I think that it may be a backward compatibility issue of new pci-e 4.0 and certain(?) older cards or (hopefully not) standards.

I just tested a firewire card (QNINE Firewire Card PCI-e from Amazon) which has the VIA Chip VT6307. It seems that this card is functioning properly with my mainboard. The slot is configured as "GEN1" via Bios. The pc is booting now.