cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix z390-e Help with win 10 install

Swarmy
Level 8
Hello, I am hoping someone could help me out here with the issue that I have.
I have a new strix z390-e motherboard that I paired with 9900k, 32gb of corsair 3000Mhz vengeance pro (4x8) and Samsung XP941 256Gb boot drive.
Win 10 install goes perfectly fine, restarts, goes through installing devices, getting things ready, reboots again, starts spinning and roughly after 3 spins freezes.

I have tried different usb slots, I have updated bios to the latest version, I have tried different ram, I have tried different sata ssd that I know works. Same thing. Also for some reason it reads corsair ram as 2100Mhz in bios, no idea if that has anything to do with it.

I have also tried disabling secure boot, Compatibility module or whatever its called, getting a tad frustrated. Also I tried different usbs and tried newest win from microsoft.

If I missed anything or someone has anything for me to try that would be great. Thank you in advance for the help.
1 REPLY 1

Swarmy
Level 8
Well I left it sitting there frozen while I was doing other stuff, after about 5-10 minutes it just continued on. I have win 10 running, getting everything installed. Just gotta figure out how to turn on xmp in bios lol.