cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura completely broken ;(

Japion
Level 7
Hi!

I purchased my new PC parts in July. I bought 3700X, STRIX B450-E mobo, Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200Mhz ram and 650W PSU. Everything was fine. I build my PC with no issues. Installed every single driver, CPU, GPU, chipset, WIFI , audio and Aura. Everything worked fine. No issues. But then I decided to uninsntalll AI Suite III because I didn't use it. It was also quite buggy and caused to crash my PC whenever I recalibrated my fans.

This is when the issues started to happen. I couldn't uninstall it through windows control panel. It just refused to uninstall. So I googled and found out that I can only uninstall it through safe mode. Well, I did that. And Aura stopped worked. Completely. Every single version of Aura had an issue. Latest one is saying that ''Aura service is currently unavailable. Please close Aura and check if AuraService is installed and started properly''. Previous versions had same problem and one version did launch but It wouldn't detect any of my devices. (Mobo, RAM and GPU which are Aura compatible).

It's just sad because I have three corsair LL120 fans that are working beautifully with no issues and the rest of my system is just rainbow vomit. What can I do to fix this issue?
2 REPLIES 2

bman098
Level 7
Japion wrote:
Hi!

I purchased my new PC parts in July. I bought 3700X, STRIX B450-E mobo, Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200Mhz ram and 650W PSU. Everything was fine. I build my PC with no issues. Installed every single driver, CPU, GPU, chipset, WIFI , audio and Aura. Everything worked fine. No issues. But then I decided to uninsntalll AI Suite III because I didn't use it. It was also quite buggy and caused to crash my PC whenever I recalibrated my fans.

This is when the issues started to happen. I couldn't uninstall it through windows control panel. It just refused to uninstall. So I googled and found out that I can only uninstall it through safe mode. Well, I did that. And Aura stopped worked. Completely. Every single version of Aura had an issue. Latest one is saying that ''Aura service is currently unavailable. Please close Aura and check if AuraService is installed and started properly''. Previous versions had same problem and one version did launch but It wouldn't detect any of my devices. (Mobo, RAM and GPU which are Aura compatible).

It's just sad because I have three corsair LL120 fans that are working beautifully with no issues and the rest of my system is just rainbow vomit. What can I do to fix this issue?

I am having a similar issue.

Here is your potential fix based on my experience, but you're not going to like it: Reboot the BIOS using the prongs on your MOBO. Turn off the machine, unplug it from the wall, and connect the 2 with a conductive item like a screwdriver. DO NOT do this with it on or plugged in, hold the connection for ten seconds. Reinstall Windows from the ground up. Reinstall Aura/Armory, or whatever controller you were using. Any issues with lights connected to the MOBO should be fixed by this full wipe. It worked for me twice, and while I'm sure someone much smarter than me knows a better way, this is the only way I've been able to recreate the fix consistently.

Onto my own personal problem related to this issue:

I am building for a friend and just got done with a Z370-H Mobo, Trident Z RGB 16g sticks (x2), a ROG Strix 2080, and Corsair H100I CPU Cooler. I cannot get the RAM to communicate with Aura or Armory. I have run all three available versions of Aura from the site, and while installing and uninstalling have ran into this same issue multiple times. I attempted CCleaner and a number of registry fixes, and each time was forced to completely reinstall Windows from scratch to fix the issue. I cannot, under any conceivable combination of settings, get the RAM to be recognized by Aura. I have attempted enabling the DRAM setting in the BIOS, turning off fast boot, even running Armory Crate instead of just the Aura software. A couple of times, I lost all RGB attached via the mobo input, and again, it took a full Windows reinstall, a BIOS reset, and a full wipe to fix. There seems to be no way to get Trident Z to work with Aura in its current iteration. Frustrating, because I have two other builds sitting right next to me using older versions, one an Intel/Geforce build, the other AMD/Radeon, and both are running RGB on the RAM just fine. At least it taught me a valuable lesson to avoid any Aura/Armory updates on those two systems any time in the near future. If anyone has any guidance, it'd be appreciated.

Yeah, that sucks. Well I suppose I can reinstall windows. Will probably do that after I get my replacement H100i. The one got had a pump defect 😕 .