ROG Member Array

ASUS g752vy help needed-whea uncorrectable error

Hello everyone,
    I have Asus g752vy.
    Lately I am getting error ( blue screen whea uncorrectable error) after few minutes when I log in. Don't know what to do? I went in Asus point and they said that MAYBE is motherboard, CPU or GPU dead. Currently (almost 30min) I am using laptop with Microsoft basic display adapter and it's seems fine. BIOS is updated.
    Can enyone help me and tell me what can I do? How can I be certain that problem is with nVidia 980m?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

run as admin [powershell] (type into search bar, when you see it pop up, right click on it and run as admin)

sfc /scannnow

wait till complete
    now run (still in powershell)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

wait till complete

if either found and fix integrity errors or corruptions, reboot and then repeat both steps again. If you get caught in loop (more than twice) you need to consider windows reset or fresh install - and/or take note of the linked issues below.

Next get Snappy Driver Installer from https://sdi-tool.org/download/ Use the light version, youtube a video on it if can't figure out how to use this program. What it does is get the most up to date / best drivers for your system. This will eliminate a possible driver issue.

This is other things that can cause the issue
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-wh...or-windows-10/

Hope you find this of help.

ROG Member Array

hey thanks for your replay.
    I tried everything you wrote...so far so good, I have installed nVidia driver using windows update driver in device manager and I left computer for 4-5h, came back home and it was still on. I will try now cinebench test

ROG Member Array

Hey, it's me again :/ everything was fine until I pulled out charger - laptop freezed and gave me a blue screen...and now it happens all the time. I noticed that it last longer with Microsoft generic driver but everytime windows downloads graphic driver it goes in tilt.
    by the way I am writing this reply on my phone since I can't get enough time with laptop

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Your GPU is failing (failed). This is an older laptop (G752VY), so is out of warranty. It is going to require a new motherboard. I would suggest you take the laptop to a local repair center and have them give you a repair estimate. At this point, it may not be worth repairing.

Good Luck
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

ROG Member Array

I think also... what about external graphic card? Can I use it somehow with this notebook, since I was thinking to switch on PC?
    I would like to use it for some time until I sell it to someone.
    I taleked with asus support and they asked me 85euros just to send it to lab check.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Your motherboard is longer available from ASUS. That's why I suggested a local tech repair. The actual replacement is not that complicated but getting a good used motherboard is going to be a crapshoot.

Personally, I would suggest you purchase a new laptop and sell the G752VY for parts.

There is no way to use an external GPU.

Good Luck
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server