cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe freezing when launching any monitoring software

amadeus1171
Level 7
So, if I launch HWInfo, Hardware Monitor, iQUE, or MSI Afterburner the computer severely stalls for a few seconds then the program opens. If I have any sound playing the sound freezes and stutters. I can't really figure out what's causing it.

This is a RMA'd motherboard. It wasn't doing this with the original motherboard.

I've reinstalled the chipset drivers and ASUS software but it still stalls.

Has anyone encountered this or figured out a fix?
7 REPLIES 7

Filters
Level 9
I have same problem, i rma my board and this one do the same
i can tell you this, x470-f gaming whit 2600x no problem, i moved to 3600 then 3600x and have this problem
reinstalled windows 10 several time cleaned my drive made 1 milion test never fixed this problem

amadeus1171
Level 7
I've also noticed that the Asmedia 3.1 controller stops working after the computer wakes up. The error states:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Filters
Level 9
im pretty much sure its some sort of conflict created by the bios, i had this issue forever but whit he latest bios is better, had only some small freeze when launch HWinfo64 at the start and some during video random. I also noticed if i remove my wifi pci-e card the problem fade away ( at least on onl bios 5220 ) didnt try whit the new one

Filters wrote:
im pretty much sure its some sort of conflict created by the bios, i had this issue forever but whit he latest bios is better, had only some small freeze when launch HWinfo64 at the start and some during video random. I also noticed if i remove my wifi pci-e card the problem fade away ( at least on onl bios 5220 ) didnt try whit the new one

I installed the latest 3004 but no luck. It still stutters. I wish I could figure out what's causing this.

amadeus1171
Level 7
Hmmm... It might also be a driver problem.

I've noticed that when the machine first starts there's no stutter. And when the stuttering occurs there's very high CPU usage. It CPU goes so high the system thinks it's overheating and shuts down the system with Q code 8.

Filters
Level 9
im on a custom water loop so for me can't be a temperature related problem at all 😕

amadeus1171
Level 7
I disabled the following services and the stuttering went away:

ASUS Update Service (asus)
ASUS Update Service (asusm)
AsusFanControllerService