Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array ptruongy787 PC Specs
    ptruongy787 PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi)
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN R5 3600
    Memory (part number)Team T-Force 3200mhz (2x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-RTX2070S-08G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC CQ32G1
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860QVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerRog Ryujin 240 OLED
    CaseAntec DP501
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless (Tactile)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless
    Mouse Pad Logitech G240
    Headset/Speakers Razer Leviathan 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Home

Just out of curiousity, and I am aware that everyone runs different specs etc but what sorta temps are you guys getting with the Ryujin on idle and load?

New ROGer Array ptruongy787 PC Specs
    ptruongy787 PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi)
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN R5 3600
    Memory (part number)Team T-Force 3200mhz (2x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-RTX2070S-08G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC CQ32G1
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860QVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerRog Ryujin 240 OLED
    CaseAntec DP501
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless (Tactile)
    Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless
    Mouse Pad Logitech G240
    Headset/Speakers Razer Leviathan 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Home

im running a 3800x and my idle temps are around 40-45 degrees, gaming is around 60-65 and using Cinebench its about 80ish. I know and understand everyone runs different setups, but would really like to know are my temps normal for the 240 Ryujin?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

Be aware that these Asus water coolers (Ryo and Ryujin) do not react to the temperature of your CPU cores at all. They can get very hot without so much as a single step up of the cooling because this cooler, and Asus motherboards only respond to the temperature of the motherboard near the CPU, and not the cores. This is a design flaw that supports the view that noise your fans make is more important than the health of your CPU. Hence, if you are not careful, you can brick your CPU.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    Be aware that these Asus water coolers (Ryo and Ryujin) do not react to the temperature of your CPU cores at all. They can get very hot without so much as a single step up of the cooling because this cooler, and Asus motherboards only respond to the temperature of the motherboard near the CPU, and not the cores. This is a design flaw that supports the view that noise your fans make is more important than the health of your CPU. Hence, if you are not careful, you can brick your CPU.
    This is completely false. *Both my pump speed and my radiator fan speed are controlled by my reported CPU temps. *They rise and fall with CPU temperature. In addition, should I choose, I can set my fans and radiator pump speed to rise and fall with another temperature parameter such as PCH temperature or motherboard system temperature.*

If you are referring to how the CPU temperatures are reported, there are many opinions on this. *I prefer a smoother extrapolated temperature that moves quickly but steadily rather than a raw core temperature that jump and bounce around with a simple task such as opening the Internet browser. * Any fans or pumps connected to these types of CPU *reported temperatures jump and surge audibly and are very distracting. Others may have a different opinion on this. But from my testing of reported CPU temperature and actual core temperature using a different program, I find that both *temperatures move together consistently. *The extrapolated temperature moves smoothly while the cooler temp jumps around drastically. *as the actual core temperatures do reach higher levels, so does the extrapolated CPU temperature that the motherboard reports.*

New ROGer Array

Ryujin 240 Fan Surge

I did a new build with the ROG Hero XI and the Ryujin 240. The fan in the pump constantly surges to max speed and then back down every few seconds. Cannot seem to control the speed of that internal fan. Fan Expert handles the AIO pump, the Radiator Fans and of course the Chassis fans, but gives no control over the internal fan on the pump. It's driving me nuts!!!! Anyone have a solution.

New ROGer Array

After doing several chats with Asus they issued an RMA saying it's a hardware problem. I have my doubts. I think its software or software conflict. I just uninstalled Armory, Aura, and Ryujin and after rebooting, the pump fan runs continuously at high speed. Noisy, but not as irritating as the constant surges. I'll send it out for the repair, but I doubt if I will reinstall it when it comes back. Too many hours wasted already.

Before I uninstalled the above apps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94MWdjH2iXk

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    This is completely false. *Both my pump speed and my radiator fan speed are controlled by my reported CPU temps. *They rise and fall with CPU temperature. In addition, should I choose, I can set my fans and radiator pump speed to rise and fall with another temperature parameter such as PCH temperature or motherboard system temperature.*

Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when I installed the latest BIOS for my motherboard, I discovered a few issues. One is that the fans and Ryujin in my rig did nothing to counter high temperatures of CPU cores. The Ryujin temperature reported on the face of the Ryujin as the CPU temperature was about 30 degrees cooler than the CPU cores (read that twice if you dont get it) and neither the fans nor the water cooler did anything to counter this. If you don't believe me, you can watch this reviewer at about 15 minutes in (the CPU temperature as Asus reports and responds to is really according to a probe near the CPU and NOT the CPU itself). Like I said, the temperature Asus stuff is monitoring is not the CPU temperature even though you would think so. Hence, your CPU cores can get extremely hot without the system responding to them. And I have witnessed this flaw firsthand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wS0Ev3SX2I

Honestly, my Rampage VI Extreme Omega and Ryujin have been a big disappointment in this sense and other senses. From day one I have had loads of software problems in this system and have since simply let this computer collect dust and have been using a different system with a Kraken 62, which in my view is way cheaper and, at least on the software side, far superior (for example by reporting the coolant temperature with the software and not some temperature it calls the CPU temperature--which it only resembles).

Don't get me wrong though, the hardware is top notch. What I don't get is why the company seems to blatantly botch the software regularly.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 05-07-2020 at 03:28 AM.

New ROGer Array

So I replaced the Ryujin 240 with a CORSAIR - Hydro Series H115i RGB and now the system is quiet as a mouse and cool as a cucumber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2