cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X299-E Gaming XMP Issues Advice/Input

brownws1
Level 7
If anyone has any insight with this I would greatly appreciate it:

I am having serious issues with stability on my X299-e with G.Skill 3600 C16 XMP speed. It has behavior I'm not used to with any other cpu/board which is it brings up a speed of 3603 mhz in the XMP box but then shows "3600" in the Frequency box.

So far I've been able to get to 3000 mhz stable with the manuf. timings of 16-19-19-39 but not any higher. Am i missing something, has XMP always had odd speeds that seem to be off (3603 XMP vs 3600 Frequency)

Parts:
x299-e Gaming
7940x
64GB G.Skill (8x8 and shows as Hynix)
8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Is that a single 64GB kit?

It is not, I definitely knew I was taking a risk but using multiple dual channel kits to run quad channel. I haven't had issues getting similar kits to be acknowledged as "Quad Channel" but this was with lower speed Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000mhz CL15 kits. I also tried with 4 sets of (2x8GB) G.Skill 3600 CL16 Hynix kits and can boot and test fine with 3200 and below speed but still getting an XMP profile reading "XMP 3603"

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah...sometimes it works but a lot of times it doesn't...especially ay higher frequencies and tighter timings.

Maybe try to set up manually not with XMP? and maybe bump SA IO volts and/or Dram volts

not sure about the 3603.... "bus" speed is slightly over 100?...:confused:

Carlyle2020
Level 10
I do not have your platform.
Do you have any "Spread Spectrum" related options in your Bios?
I yes, turn them all off and check again if the frequency still gets slightly modulated.

Rgds
Carlyle

Carlyle2020 wrote:
I do not have your platform.
Do you have any "Spread Spectrum" related options in your Bios?
I yes, turn them all off and check again if the frequency still gets slightly modulated.

Rgds
Carlyle

That’s a great suggestion, thank you, I’ll take a look shortly here and I’ll upload pics of the main BIOS screens where I have modifications if you have a chance to see if it might be another setting as well

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Try these timings

DRAM voltage 1.36v
DRAM Frequency Ratio [Auto]
DRAM Frequency [DDR4-3600MHz]
DRAM CAS# Latency [16]
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay [16]
DRAM RAS# PRE Time [16]
DRAM RAS# ACT Time [36]
DRAM Command Rate [Timing 1T]
DRAM RAS# to RAS# Delay [4]
DRAM RAS# to RAS# Delay L [6]
DRAM REF Cycle Time [374]
DRAM Refresh Interval [28076]
DRAM WRITE Recovery Time [Auto]
DRAM READ to PRE Time [8]
DRAM FOUR ACT WIN Time [24]
DRAM WRITE to READ Delay [5]
DRAM WRITE to READ Delay L [14]
DRAM CKE Minimum Pulse Width [Auto]
DRAM Write Latency [Auto
]CPU VCCIO Voltage [1.06250]
CPU System Agent Voltage [0.93500]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Try these timings

Thank you so much for the time and effort you took to give me all those settings. I went through and executed them exactly but get a debug of “Ed� after saving and exiting bios*

Update: Debug Code EE as well

Update 2: tried minor increases in vccio and system agent voltage which resulted in a on/off loop with 00 code. Had to clear cmos to boot againÂ*

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Increase DRAM REF Cycle Time +20 until it posts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]