cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEUpdate Tool?

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
How do I install this firmware?? MEUpdate Tool Version 12.0.49.1534

What our the correct steps to install this firmware.

Thanks in advance.
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro
13 REPLIES 13

katlani
Level 9
Basically as far as i remember, the ME Firmware is bundled within the ASUS BIOS package, though when downloaded separately, you can update from Windows.
The firmware version should be updated alongside the ME software from Intel.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
I see, I am still on 1302 bios, don't really want to update bios since every thing is working fine on my rig.

Should I just leave it alone?
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
ah the age old "should i update bios or not" question again. That depends

Do you potentially want to encounter problems the bios updates fix, or do you update to prevent you from encountering the problems they fix?

Nobody but you can answer that. Personally i'm in favor of option 2. Especially since bios updates often update the IME or other security and performance issues. You have a choice to make, and only you can make it.

Ch3vr0n wrote:
ah the age old "should i update bios or not" question again. That depends

Do you potentially want to encounter problems the bios updates fix, or do you update to prevent you from encountering the problems they fix?

Nobody but you can answer that. Personally i'm in favor of option 2. Especially since bios updates often update the IME or other security and performance issues. You have a choice to make, and only you can make it.

yes, when Moses went up and got the 11 commandments he knew that the eleventh would cause so much soulsearching and arguments that he scratched it off but he did take a pic with his iphone and it read

11/ thou shall only update BIOS if you know what you are doing
will

will_s wrote:
yes, when Moses went up and got the 11 commandments he knew that the eleventh would cause so much soulsearching and arguments that he scratched it off but he did take a pic with his iphone and it read

Thats Funny.

will_s wrote:

Even if you don't know what you're doing you should still do it. Aint that hard, and current bioses are smart enough to NOT let you flash a bios for a different model. It just isn't possible

Ch3vr0n wrote:
Even if you don't know what you're doing you should still do it. Aint that hard, and current bioses are smart enough to NOT let you flash a bios for a different model. It just isn't possible

wrong, if you dont know you should find out how to do it and when you know then flash it.............maybe a noobs guide to been a flasher with pics and raincoats

Yes, the BIOS update section of the manual is pretty good BUT it could be better and also have it in a complete section by itself with more pics and a full address to obtain the BIOS ie https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

and even have a youtube video showing how to flash the BIOS
will

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
What's the problem
Device manager
System devices
Right click Intel management engine interface and select update.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
What's the problem
Device manager
System devices
Right click Intel management engine interface and select update.

That's the software, which i implied that indeed should be aligned with the firmware.
Dude is asking whether to upgrade the BIOS that might also include ME firmware.

I personally keep BIOS up to date due to security and stability these updates are supposed to provide but indeed as already mentioned here, sometimes if it ain't broken..