cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some Help with Armoury Crate!!!

georgep001
Level 7
Ok this is my like 10th fresh reinstall of windows 10 pro. My issue is sometimes armoury crate likes to not detect my asus strix flare keyboard properly so ill have like my lights not working properly on my keyboard. Other times when i reinstall armoury crate doesnt install my tower lights properly so they wont sync with my keyboard. Other times my turbo boost doesnt boost to the correct frequency when i install armour crate. Im getting pretty fed up with this piece of garbage software i paid 4000 dollars for a asus gl12cx computer wich is a dream when the software works properly to control the turbo settings. Right now my computer is in a clean slate all ive done is reinstalled my intel drivers. I haven't even updated windows through windows update. So im wondering my normal method of installing armoury crate is to go to my download page https://www.asus.com/Tower-PCs/ROG-Strix-GL12/HelpDesk_Download/ select the rog gl12cx and download the following armoury crate service 2.3.6 then install armory crate from windows store the app then install rog live service package 1.0.9.6 these are the latest packages on my download site for my computer. But i noticed on this site they released a armory crate self install so im wondering if i should go that route? any feed back would be appreciated thx.
28 REPLIES 28

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Armoury Crate. Ha ha ha. Just kidding. Seriously, though, I want to wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Windows without any trace of Armoury Crate. If I could do that with a minimum of hassle that is what I would do. I'm not sure, but I think the files left behind when you remove it corrupt your system in such a way that other Asus software doesn't work properly. My thinking aside, if there is another way to get your keyboard lighting working I'd go with that and not install Armoury Crate so as it doesn't mess with your registry files. Armoury Crate not only doesn't work properly but it messes up your system and that stays after you have unistalled it. Besides, there is a new version in the works.

Hopefully this helps. Good luck.

KILLER_K
Level 10
Like all of us we all have stuff not working, broken or doesn't install right. About all you can do is use Revo uninstaller and CCleaner and after that manually try to delete leftover files. Asus software likes to dig in like a tick and be stubborn for some reason. We are all waiting for a new version to be released. I don't see it happening no time soon though.

KILLER_K wrote:
L. We are all waiting for a new version to be released. I don't see it happening no time soon though.

I think the janitorial staff at Asus have their work done by noon, so they spend the afternoons working on the company software. Maybe the CEO will send them to a community college to get some training at some point. Until then, we can probably expect the software to remain a nightmare. The janitorial staff are good at their jobs, but they flunked computer science in high school.

Well i was hoping to just move away from armoury crate completly but because my system would loose the turbo mode and stuff i cant so im stuck trying to either figure out a way to fix what i can or just live with certain things not working properly. If i could just loose the armory crate but keep the turbo boost and control the lighting via aura lighting that be great. I tried there other version from the download but its a lite version of armoury crate wich makes me loose again the turbo boost mode for my computer so thats a no go. So ya no idea what else i can do ive reformatted multiple times and it just keeps giving me the same damn old problems and ya i understand its clearly the garbage software.

Thank you for that this morning. You put a smile on my face. I agree they aren't going to change. And the sad part is they don't seem to learn from experience at all.

502 - Bad Gateway: It seems their forum is just as bad as the software they push out.

@ georgep001

We still need it to be universal and you can pick what software you want to use. Not being forced to use 3 or 4 to 5 different programs to try and make everything work. My corsair program works fine and never really any issues with it. What is amazing is all my lights work fine and never any issues at all. It just simply works. Do you see this Asus it just works?

I have one color on boot and another color in the windows. I will give you 6 guesses and the first 5 don't count to what is still Rainbow colored in my PC. Yes, my newest motherboard with zero support from Asus. And my ram which Asus software made not work even with the vendor's own software. I would take a Bios controlled lighting at this point.

Does it remind me of the monkey and the orange in the hole on Animal Planet? Where they put the orange in the termite hole. Once the monkey grabbed the orange through the hole. His hand was too full to get it back out of the small hole. He would not let go of the orange but stayed trapped as he didn't understand to let it go and move on. Looks at Asus and points. Just start over fresh as the last decade has been really rough on your company.

Super Gnome wrote:
I think the janitorial staff at Asus have their work done by noon, so they spend the afternoons working on the company software. Maybe the CEO will send them to a community college to get some training at some point. Until then, we can probably expect the software to remain a nightmare. The janitorial staff are good at their jobs, but they flunked computer science in high school.

So here's a update folks I installed the the armoury crate software yet again after reinstalling windows yet again this time i managed to get armoury crate to detect my keyboard and run the lights right. But guess what now its not showing my tower so i can control the lights on my tower but cant sync it with my keyboard i give up just gonna leave it like it is. I've tried everything if one thing works finally something else doesn't after. Here's some screen shots to see what i mean. Oh and this one is of armoury crate crashing when i open it wich happens often and did happen on my other windows install this is only with the new version of armoury crate.

KILLER_K
Level 10
I would have just done a Virtual install of the OS. That way you just lose a little time and nothing else. If it works then you know it is Asus software corrupting something in windows. Or one of their wonderful software causing it. If it doesn't work you simply delete the virtual drive and go on about the day.

Mine, on the other hand, doesn't see my board and it just gets stuck on updating. When the circle appears for updating it goes right away and that is pretty much it. Asus give me a refund for my board and ram your software messed up. That way I can move to another vendor that actually cares.

Oh i know its the software my computer isn't a typical computer. Its a pre built computer from asus and i'm stuck using there ****ty asus crate software from day 1 unless i don't want to use the turbo mode that boosts my rtx 2080 and my i7 9700k to 4.9ghz. I understand everyone has problems and i feel for everyone but i used to build pc's back in the day and i never had to depend on software to get my pc working to maximum this thing well its under warranty so i mean i'm stuck i press a button it overclock's everything its stable it runs my games great but that's when the software works properly every time they update something it keeps making things worse and worse its been nothing but a headache. I'm about to say **** the whole asus software and just run my stuff on windows default high power mode and hope for the best. I'm sure i can control the lights with asus aura but like people say i should haft to install 6 7 pieces of software that should be controlled easily through one.

Im thinking im gonna haft to reformat again and just not install armoury crate period till another update comes out or something its becoming too much of a headache. i mean i loose like from 4.5ghz to 4.9ghz in processor and my rtx 2080 i dont know yet but it cant be that bad it clocks at 1925mhz i cant image using the windows high profile wich result in that much of a loss in performance dont know what else to do.