Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

If I had the time and energy I would wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Windows without any Asus software at all. I have an old rig that has no Asus %@#$ and it works like a charm. That is all.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Update: Took an old spare drive and ran a fresh set of windows on it. Installed only the latest Aura Sync and then updated all the Windows updates as well. Well RGB now works for me. That either means one or two things. One is Armoury Crate is taking out Arua Sync. Or maybe my Corsair ICUE is causing problems with Armoury Crate and or Aura Sync.

I have to do some stuff. but I will return and actually enables Armoury Crate in the Bios. Or just download it and see what happens. If one stops or both doesn't work I will know. I will report back shortly what I find out. But as I still have noted you shouldn't have to do a fresh install for this software problem, to begin with.
    Last edited by KILLER_K; 01-06-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Here is where it gets twisted. I set the board and ram to a static color on the other drive and saved it. Booted back into the Os on the original drive where it wouldn't work. I'm greeted by that static color on the old drive now. I still have no way to control it on this drive. Ram is still rainbow though. 4 or of 5 isn't too bad, right?

I guess I will boot back in and change it to the color that I want and unhook the hard drive and that will just leave the rainbow ram colors only. This is interesting as it seems Asus is going to let Corsair fix their bad software for them. Maybe my complaining was heard enough and they figured my idea was great.

https://youtu.be/D2L0Iz5jCDA

New ROGer Array

I did manage to fix mine yet again after another install dont know how long it will last so far its been good. What i did i installed everything like usual. Amor crate service then armor crate uwp than rog live service pack as per my desktop instructions. i did all the updates on armor crate of course this resulted in my desktop tower loosing the ability to sync with my keyboard. So i downloaded aura sync from the rog website here ran the full install. Restart my computer went back into armor crate check under aura sync devices my tower is now visible and able to sync with aura properly again. So i uninstall just the aura sync program but kept the aura service that came with the aura sync this seemed to solve my issue for now. Here's hoping it stays good for a couple weeks so far its been working since yesterday so this includes my turbo profile and my lighting. I hope this helps.

New ROGer Array

I've decided to scrap armory crate and just keep my computer running on default ran some benchmarks between turbo and just windows high performance mode and the result was a 2 percent loss in performance which I can live with. Armory crate just has way too many issues and honestly should be pulled until a stable version can be produced imo. I am reformatting windows I will just use aura sync from this website download page. I've tested seems to work fine for my lights. Sorry for being so undecided but I've reinstalled and reformatted windows so many times just for armory crate it's gotten to the point it not worth it anymore for what I'm loosing/getting.

I'm not sure if you read my post to the Youtube video. But Asus is teaming up with ICUE to get it to work and control their RGB.

NEXT ISSUE: I now cannot install either on the old OS drive because of the saved static color. I have to actually set it to default, aka rainbow and then it will allow an install on the old OS drive where it didn't work and still doesn't.

Hopefully, Corsair can fix this disaster of software that they can't fix. It was a smart move to pay another company to fix the software they aren't capable of doing.

Can read about the Corsair plugin here and test it out now.
    https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965
    Last edited by KILLER_K; 01-07-2020 at 04:15 PM.

I went ahead and reran my OS, Thanks Asus. Installed Aura sync and then ICUE and then the Asus plugin and it worked. I can control everything from one software except my ram. G.skill seems to be lacking. It might be time to change brands now. Or hopefully, corsair adds a plugin for it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
    I went ahead and reran my OS, Thanks Asus. Installed Aura sync and then ICUE and then the Asus plugin and it worked. I can control everything from one software except my ram. G.skill seems to be lacking. It might be time to change brands now. Or hopefully, corsair adds a plugin for it.
    Glad you solved your problem mate. My computer unfortunently is a asus Desktop so its not on the approved list only mobos are so i cant use that software. I tried using asus aura sync and even that gives me problems so im stuck with just using armory crate broken i guess.

New ROGer Array

Fresh download of Armoury Crate

So, I was running standard ROG Armoury with my Pugio Mouse - I'm not a complicated gamer, I just want it to be dark when untouched and light up briefly when used. Well, ok, the 3 zone have 3 diff colours set up, but still, with ROG Armoury it was still a 5 minutes setup.

Now this morning I received a popup from Armoury Crate to be installed. I did, and updated the device drivers. I even installed the AURA Creator app for it. Now the very basic lightning effects actually work. AURA Creator, however, does no interaction with my Pugio. Like, nada. The interface is weird, took a bit to figure it out. Once I did, due to my Pugio not connecting, I could still not check what is doung what exactly.

Pugio went black, no reactions whatsoever. I was trying to figure out programs that might be interfering, and accidentally loaded up the ROG Pugio software, which was like, half-connected to Pugio, and half not recognising, which was odd. At this point, ASUS Creator disowned Pugio comletely, even after a fresh restart.

What DID happen, however, that somehow ROG Armoury took back control of Pugio and the original lighting settings came back. At this point I just uninstalled Armoury Crate and ASUS Creator. Armoury Crate seems to have been uninstalled completely. I think. I could remove the elements and ROG Armoury is working seamlessly as before. Also, just in case, I have downloaded a copy of the latest ROG Armoury, so I wouldn't be forced to use Armoury Crate in the near future...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3