cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS region for western europe

ArnoldT
Level 7
Hello,

I tried to contact asus usa with their chat and i was told Something that looks like suspicious to me. The guy told me that if i had flashed a bios file coming from the asus USA website to my motherboard which comes out of the Western europe market that it would break the motherboard. I came here to know if it is true or not and what i must do now? my motherboard is a rog strix Z370-h gaming.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

with kind regards,
6 REPLIES 6

Carlyle2020
Level 10
Huh? That sounds like misscommunication.

IF there is a difference nowadays they simply put a different model out for THAT specific market.

My TV here in Europe is called "OLEDC9PLA " - It's Firmware is EU/GER specific with special decoders
The one in the Americas is called "OLED55C97LA" i believe.

So IF you search for a software update file the "h" in "strix Z370-h" is very important. As long as the "h" is present you are golden.

And if you have the wrong file you usually are not allowed to install it.

Rgds
Carlyle

Carlyle2020 wrote:
Huh? That sounds like misscommunication.

IF there is a difference nowadays they simply put a different model out for THAT specific market.

My TV here in Europe is called "OLEDC9PLA " - It's Firmware is EU/GER specific with special decoders
The one in the Americas is called "OLED55C97LA" i believe.

So IF you search for a software update file the "h" in "strix Z370-h" is very important. As long as the "h" is present you are golden.

And if you have the wrong file you usually are not allowed to install it.

Rgds
Carlyle

Rubbish. No such thing. A bios is written to a specific motherboard i.e. ASUS Maximus X -XI, not a country. Motherboards are GLOBAL!

emsir
Level 8
ArnoldT wrote:
Hello,

I tried to contact asus usa with their chat and i was told Something that looks like suspicious to me. The guy told me that if i had flashed a bios file coming from the asus USA website to my motherboard which comes out of the Western europe market that it would break the motherboard. I came here to know if it is true or not and what i must do now? my motherboard is a rog strix Z370-h gaming.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

with kind regards,

There is NO difference if the BIOS is from Europe or USA.........Why would you think ASUS would do that. BIOS versions are GLOBAL for ALL motherboards and ALL manufacturers. Gigabyte - MSI - ASUS. they make BIOS for motherboards not countries.....How is it possible you have to make a post about this? Who told you that Bios is different depending which country you live in? This is hillarious!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Oh man! That would be crazy 😉

Imperial or metric BIOS

haha...thankfully not true

Hello,

i was chatting with https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus. Not my fault if they re telling fake news over there!

with kind regards,

Arnaud

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Absolutely...not laughing at you...laughing at the thought....don't give them ideas LOL

Sometimes support are having a bad day...shall we say:rolleyes: