cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Need Help] Strix Soar boot up slow, 30 minutes after my PC turns on.

Alan_M
Level 7
I turn on my PC and I need to wait like 20 or more minutes. After that, my audio card STRIX SOAR woke up and starts working.
It was always very slow to start, like a few minutes. I feel like now takes too much time.
Any idea of what to do?
11 REPLIES 11

Alan_M
Level 7
It takes too much time to startup. What to do?

Alan_M
Level 7
I turn on my PC and I need to wait like 20 or more minutes until it starts working. Any advice on how to fix this?

Alan M wrote:
I turn on my PC and I need to wait like 20 or more minutes until it starts working. Any advice on how to fix this?

Still, having this problem any idea?

Alan_M
Level 7
And If I press OK I get: Asus Audio Driver Setup Failed 0x80070643
Fatal error during installation.

1.Uninstall Sonic studio (Auss Strix Soundcard series) & Asmedia usb drivers
2.Reboot
3. Install latest Asmedia usb driver
4. Reboot
5. Install Sonic Studio (Strix_Setup or Auss Strix Soundcard series)

But at this point I get that: "The installation can not continue"
because "ASUS STRIX SOUNDCARD SERIES AUDIO DEVICE is not detected".

And If I press OK I get: Asus Audio Driver Setup Failed
0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation.

I try to change the Asus Strix Soar, rotating baking, searching for a PCIe slot that can be detected with no result
It was working fine on this PC before. There was not hardware replacement or update (no new GPU was added or subtracted). Some software updates only (but this must not be the issue for not been detected).

i have the same issues,

Before a year it worked fine but now i have to wait 20 mins or 10 for it to make the click sound and turn on. This card really sucks i would not recommend it to my enemy

Same here i don't know really what i bought the card but its piece of junk, 30 -45 minutes then Win 10 will detect card, i think asus used some bad capacitors or something and they need time to warm up or something.
In short piece of junk, what is worst i didn't used the card for 3 years just recently i installed it because i found it in a box
Tried :
swapping car position
update as media driver
update soar driver

If you are bad bad person and want to screw someone recommend this card and laugh, otherwise stay away like its infested with Covid 19

Not sure if this will help, it's not a fix but I only need to give it about a minute or repeat it twice if it dosen't work first time.

The card isn't detected, doesnt show in Windows until I exit Sonic Studio from the system tray, wait a minute and then run a shortcut using "C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\nhAsusStrix\UserInterfac e\nhAsusStrixUILauncher.exe" /noui

So something is delaying the card starting up.
Does Asus support actually exist?

JohnBoy200 wrote:
Not sure if this will help, it's not a fix but I only need to give it about a minute or repeat it twice if it dosen't work first time.

The card isn't detected, doesnt show in Windows until I exit Sonic Studio from the system tray, wait a minute and then run a shortcut using "C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\nhAsusStrix\UserInterfac e\nhAsusStrixUILauncher.exe" /noui

So something is delaying the card starting up.
Does Asus support actually exist?

I will try your fix, but i do not think actual Asus support exists.

For me it does not work, sill the card need 30+ minutes to work properly.
It's just hangin in my system now, b450 steel legend have pretty good audio but, still i would like to use this Soar card but at this point i wll just remove it from system