cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme Alpha + GSKILL Trident RGB = no RGB control

osypets
Level 7
Hello

I have problems with motherboard Zenith Extreme Alpha and memory modules GSKILL TridentZ RDG F4-3000C16D-32GTZR. I can't control lights on that memory modules, thay even not showing in Armoury Crate utility. I checked integrity of SPD with Taiphoon utility, tried various Windows distros, clear BOIS and etc, but without success.*

BIOS - 2001.

Please help me with some solution.

Thank you*
10 REPLIES 10

Aje
Level 7
I have the same issue. See my thread here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?115867-Zenith-Extreme-Alpha-AURA-constantly-fails
The AURA is really a joke. Never seen such crappy software before...

Aje wrote:
I have the same issue. See my thread here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?115867-Zenith-Extreme-Alpha-AURA-constantly-fails
The AURA is really a joke. Never seen such crappy software before...

Not only RGB... BIOS on this mobo have lot of bugs. Asus doing raw products and with AWFUL support.*

bogdi1988
Level 8

bogdi1988 wrote:
You need to install the GSkill software. https://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-(RGB,-Royal,-Neo)

Tried already and it's not helps.*

osypets wrote:
Tried already and it's not helps.*

That's what I have. G Skill Trident Z Neo ram. Installed latest Aura from the Asus website (not the motherboard support page) and then the latest G Skill software from the link i provided above. You still have to start the G Skill software to control RAM color as Aura is not the most reliable software.

bogdi1988 wrote:
That's what I have. G Skill Trident Z Neo ram. Installed latest Aura from the Asus website (not the motherboard support page) and then the latest G Skill software from the link i provided above. You still have to start the G Skill software to control RAM color as Aura is not the most reliable software.

G Skill software can't control installed ram im my case, unfortunately, so I have eternal rainbow inside my case... Such raw products...

bogdi1988
Level 8
you're doing something wrong then

bogdi1988 wrote:
you're doing something wrong then

Eh..no he is not as I am having the same issues. Armoury Crate doesn't identify any devices. G.Skill software opens but nothing happens when making any changes.
Pretty ****ty software is you ask me. We spend thousands of dollars on our rigs and many things are still in Beta when released to the public. Not acceptable!

ThaneDane
Level 7
Had these issue for my Zenith Extreme v1 for the past few years, bought it on release. along with the 1950x for around $2500
I also regret my purchase, and tried to send it in for RMA while still under warranty, but it had to go through this complete incompetent company, so I simply gave up, probably not buying a Asus flagship again either, its such a shame..
The whole system have crashed over 500 times, so its really unreliable to work on. Loads of saves every so often when working on bigger projects.

Inside bios, the cursor keeps lagging every time the CPU Temp refreshes, which is every few seconds, nothing have fixed it to this day.
A couple usb ports have also been acting weird or completely stopped working.

Dram RGB turning off has been going on the past 1½ year