cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C8HW Water Temp Controlled Fan

plazing
Level 7
Hello,

My fan curve set on BIOS tu use as Water In as the source. However, the fan does not change it speed when the Water Temp rise.

Latest 1201 BIOS, fan connected to Chassis 2 & 3 header.

The fan curve setup is something like this (Cryorig QF120 Perf, higher than 60% will sound like its about to take off):

Low 34C = 35%
Middle 36C = 50%
High 38C = 60%

Top Rad stuck at 1000rpm while the Water In temp reaching Max 38C. Its the same for my Front Rad fans which is different set of fans.

Anyone have used Water Temp as the fan curve source?
4 REPLIES 4

Filters
Level 9
i wanted on my x470-f but never tried primarely cause i cant set cpu fan to use water sensor 😕

Filters
Level 9
Today i tried to made what u wanted, i have 2 radiator
1 top whit 2 NF-F12 PWM and another radiator frontally mounted whit 4 other noctua fan in push pull
Then i used my beck fan another noctua 140 mm connected to my cpu connector, the radiator i used motherboard 2 and 3 connector.
In bios setted us after verified my water temperatur
low 25C
mid 35C
max 45C
Never see water go over 38C in hot season so i believe im ok
Fans work great tbh and no more spin whit cpu spike finally 😛

So now the question is what fan do you have ? Have you used Y and Extension cable ? Are this fan pwm ? Cause my are and i used both Y and extension but all noctua branded and no problem my side !

P.S. i forgot to say only on Chassis fan header 1 2 and 3 you can set T sensor as parameter and you have to properly set in bios otherwise it not work, ofc your sensor have to be connected to the T sensor on the motherboard which i believe you also have

I'm using W_IN & W_OUT header for the temp sensor ( G 1/4" stop fitting to GPU in & out port ). Moved to using T_Sensor and set it as source still the same, fans not changing RPM after water reaching 40C.

My fans are Cryorig QF120, pwm fans connected to FD Define R6 fan hub. Its working fine when using CPU as the temp source, but it ramp up and down very often.

Have not tested using AI Suite since I perfer not having bunch of software running backgroud.

Anyway, I'm looking for silent fan that I can let it run 100% all the time and dont have to worry about it. Probably go with Noctua NF-F12 chromax or beQuiet SW3

Filters
Level 9
This is weird fan noise a part may be the hub controller the problem ?
Or have you run in bios the Q fan test to determinate the fan % ?
I dont use ai suite, all set in bios

Try this procedure. In bios under Monitor scroll down ti Q fan controller then hit Qfan Tuning wait till end, after that reset all the fan setting and try in windows how it work