cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVIE Encore, CPU Core Voltage always on 1.32v ???

ng786
Level 7
This RAMPAGE VI Extreme Encore is doing my head in, previously I had the RAMPAGE VI Extreme and never had this problem. I don't know if it's some setting i need to disable basically when am doing a manual overclock and set the cpu core voltage mode to "Adaptive Mode" and whatever cpu core voltage I set in windows it's always showing 1.32v ? on 3 softwares HWINFO64, CPU-Z and HWMonitor it shows the same voltage 1.32v. The only time I see the voltage that I set in bios which is 1.18v is when I set the mode to "Manual Mode" but this then means the voltage stays the same even when the cpu is idle which obviously I don't want reason for using adaptive mode. I tried the LLC (load line calibration) all the levels & auto still no luck, please if someone can help me would really appreciate it my cpu is the i9 10900x thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
From what I'm hearing it's the 10 series doing that crap
Intel did it cpu requesting way too much core voltage
Manual core voltage is about the only way around.

Disable speed step and activate speed shift activate c-states might help drop vid's.
Balanced power plan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
From what I'm hearing it's the 10 series doing that crap
Intel did it cpu requesting way too much core voltage
Manual core voltage is about the only way around.

Disable speed step and activate speed shift activate c-states might help drop vid's.
Balanced power plan.

Thanks, but with the 10 series cpu I didn't have this problem on the Asus Rampage vi Extreme when I set the cpu core voltage at 1.18v under adaptive mode that's what it showed in Windows. This is why am thinking it's the motherboard , also shouldn't adaptive mode voltage override any other voltage yes I can understand if it's on auto and this is happening but not when your setting the voltage.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Give it anpother year or two and they will have the BIOS working correctly......Unless another project rolls in.