cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Feature Request* Geo-filter feature for ROG Routers

xtess3ractx
Level 7
Hi Guys,

Like the title suggests, is there any plans to bring a Geo-Filter feature to ROG routers?

I have used Asus routers and lots of their products and love them, am currently using a GT-5300 and it's great good reception and great bufferbloat. I've tried to use WTFast as a similar type of service and found it really doesn't help, in fact usually makes things worse. That being said I think it would be a very useful feature and selling feature if Asus were to introduce their own type of Geo-filter setting. Similar to Netdumas approach.

The reason I'd like to have this feature is because I play games competitively and having good latency is very important to me.
Matchmaking in games these days leaves a bit to be desired so this would help that alot.

Thanks in advance,

Btw tried to search for this topic but didn't find any references, really surprised actually.
3 REPLIES 3

staticrp
Level 8
yes. wtfast - stupid service

up,
Geo-Filter feature; it would be nice to have this option available.
i own an aus rog ax11000 and i think i'll switch to netduma and maybe be able to compare both routers.

Haiso
Level 7

I would also love to see geo-filter to ROG routers we pay good money for gaming routers least we could do is get a firmware update for geo filtering surely that's do-able.