cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zephyrus GX701GWR Sound pops and drop-outs problem

Dremoo
Level 7
I have a problem with my laptop, Every time I try to listen to music or watch video or even playing video games the device produces pops and static like sound it is really frustrating for a device this much $ to have these issue. I tried with Asus service center twice. But all they did is reset the windows and install the driver and the problem is STILL THERE!! I figured out that if I disconnect the laptop from the AC adapter there is no problem but then I can't really play any games if it is not gonna be plugged in for maximum performance. Please help 😞
3 REPLIES 3

jwfitt
Level 7
I purchased a GX701GWR about a month ago and I have been tearing my hair out trying everything under the sun to solve this issue and have yet to come to a solution.

From reinstalling windows fresh twice now, various forms of drivers, external speakers, built-in speakers, etc, etc. I'm starting to go mental 😞

Well, I think I finally found a solution after a month of tinkering. It seems to be directly related to the intel i7-9750H CPU. When I use Throttlestop to force a disable of Turbo mode on frequency I have yet to notice any crackling or sound problems. I have also run LatencyMon with very little complaints from that with Turbo disabled.

If you want to give it a try and see if it works for you as well, at least we could be onto something.

Obviously, going down from 4Ghz to 2.60 Ghz is not ideal in some situations, but I may create a couple of profiles and swap between them depending on my needs within Throttlestop for now.

I will report back if the problem returns and will continue testing this setup for a few days to see if it holds up.

Here are my current settings, though I believe Disable Turbo is the only essential one.

For more on Throttlestop:
https://www.ultrabookreview.com/31385-the-throttlestop-guide/
and
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/#post-6865107

Meh... I'm still having issues unless I use Armoury Crate to go into Turbo Mode :mad: