cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74s 3dtv play

lou4612
Level 7
Hey guys I have a G74S with the 3DTV Play tag on it.

Just did some research and realize I don't have the 3D vision version that comes bundled with 3d glasses.

Sooo....what do I need to use 3D??

Do I have to buy that $40 software from Nvidia?

Where do i get Asus 3d glasses?

What LCDs are compatible with my 3DTV???
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
So do you have a separate 3DTV already? The built in display can't do 3D so you would need to hook it up to an external.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

No I was wondering whats the biggest screen I can go without loosing any DPI or detail.

xeromist
Well, there are 3D projectors that will make a 100"+ screen if that's what you so desire, but they are expensive. 🙂

In a more realistic budget you could do something like a VG236H (23") or VG278H (27") which would be good desktop externals.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I've been wondering this thing for some time now. I have the G74S with 3dtv play tag but still there is nvidia 3d vision program. What's the deal with this thing? The place i bought this from told me it's 3d but on the other hand i see peeps sayin it's not 3d. I'm so confused.

xeromist
I'm not sure because sometimes the European models are different, such as naked eye. However I have not heard of any G74 with naked eye. Easiest way to tell is if you have 3d capable hardware and the latest NVIDIA driver you will have an option in the NVIDIA control panel to set up 3D.

Can't find that one. Oh well, sucks to be me.

jonbonjon wrote:
Can't find that one. Oh well, sucks to be me.

Yea what a load of bull can an Asus CSR please explain this?

Do I have to buy the Nvidia software or not?

lou4612 wrote:
Yea what a load of bull can an Asus CSR please explain this?

Do I have to buy the Nvidia software or not?

I'm not an ASUS CSR but the answer is simple: If you have a native 3D Vision display (such as the ASUS monitors I listed) then the software is not required. If you are using a 3DTV which is not native 3D Vision compatible then you need the software. If it was bundled with your machine then you would already see it. Based on the Nvidia website (which might be outdated) no G74 has it bundled.

Oh, and if you have a 3D Vision kit then you can activate 3DTV Play for free:
NVIDIA® 3DTV Play™ software can be activated free to all 3D Vision™ PC owners. Download the latest Release 265 or higher Geforce© drivers for desktop GPUs and Release 265 or higher verde Notebooks drivers for notebook GPUs. (NOTE: the 3D Vision IR emitter is required to activate 3DTV Play software on your PC.)

Lists of supported GPU's, displays, projectors, etc are here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-system-requirements.html