cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gpu output issue after upgrade ROG STRIX B450-F

Dagare
Level 7
I run a 3 monitor setup with a VR headset and since my upgrade only 3 ports on my gpu work consistently,(windforce g1 gtx 980ti) the DVI-I DP 1 and hdmi, the other 2 DP ports and the DVI-D ports don't work.
The reason I found this so confusing and didn't just assume its a faulty gpu is that if I turn the power supply off before booting my pc, every port starts working again until it is shutdown where I'll have to switch the power supply on and off to get them working again.
Also putting in a second gpu (evga gtx 670 ftw 4gb) makes the second DP port work for longer, it would have to be left off for a while before it stops working unlike before where the moment its been turned off it stops.
Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Old:
i5 3570k
Asrock z77 extreme4
16GB kingston Hper X red

New:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Asus Rog Strix B450-F
16GB Adata XPG Gammix D10
1 REPLY 1

Dagare
Level 7
To anyone else who may have experienced this issue I think it has something to do with a incompatibility between the motherboard and the gpu's "flex display technology" as this decides which ports on the back work, switching between either the DVI-D or the DP 2+3 depending on what it senses being plugged in, these 3 are the ports that stop working after the first shut down so it would make sense there is some sort of incompatibility or conflict between the gpu and motherboard. The pic I attached is from gigabytes page for my gpu, the GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD.

I'll post back if I get any further or find a solution.