Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zammin PC Specs
    Zammin PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel 9900K (Conductonaut Applied)
    Memory (part number)G Skill 3200Mhz Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200Mhz CL16
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080Ti FE
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVME SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity RGB
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 600
    Headset Astro A50 (Gen 2)
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers JBL LSR305 Mk II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

LiveDash no longer works with latest AURA 1.07.79

Hi everyone

I am using a Maximus XI Formula motherboard and I've just updated my BIOS and AURA to the latest version in order to take advantage of the new iCUE plugin. However since installing the new AURA, I can no longer control my LiveDash. I had some issues with the previous version of Aura where I could still select animated GIFs in the LiveDash app but couldn't choose component temperature/voltage readouts. Now it's stuck on the default CPU temperature mode no matter what I do. At this stage the LiveDash app is only capable of turning the OLED display on and off.

I was previously on LiveDash version 1.05.03, which was the latest version on my motherboard's download page. However I found a link to version 1.05.06 on this forum and gave it a try, but the same issue persists. It's not got anything to do with the iCUE plugin either as this issue started before I even installed the plugin.

Does anyone know how to get my LiveDash working again without switching over to Armoury Crate? I've read that Armoury Crate is very buggy and bloaty, and I don't need it's extensive functionality. I just want to regain control of my LiveDash again.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
    Hi everyone

I am using a Maximus XI Formula motherboard and I've just updated my BIOS and AURA to the latest version in order to take advantage of the new iCUE plugin. However since installing the new AURA, I can no longer control my LiveDash. I had some issues with the previous version of Aura where I could still select animated GIFs in the LiveDash app but couldn't choose component temperature/voltage readouts. Now it's stuck on the default CPU temperature mode no matter what I do. At this stage the LiveDash app is only capable of turning the OLED display on and off.

I was previously on LiveDash version 1.05.03, which was the latest version on my motherboard's download page. However I found a link to version 1.05.06 on this forum and gave it a try, but the same issue persists. It's not got anything to do with the iCUE plugin either as this issue started before I even installed the plugin.

Does anyone know how to get my LiveDash working again without switching over to Armoury Crate? I've read that Armoury Crate is very buggy and bloaty, and I don't need it's extensive functionality. I just want to regain control of my LiveDash again.

I gave up on it months ago, seemed to stop working for me around ASUS ryujin release, actually the monitoring part of it. The UFO and music crap still worked. ASUS is not known for great software. Also Armoury crate is not ready, turning off RGB to hardware would throw code 00. My sons Rampage VI Extreme is now being RMA because the motherboard RGB is stuck on RED and aura and Armoury Crate do not recognize the motherboard. STAY AWAY!
    Last edited by merger; 01-10-2020 at 03:00 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zammin PC Specs
    Zammin PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel 9900K (Conductonaut Applied)
    Memory (part number)G Skill 3200Mhz Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200Mhz CL16
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080Ti FE
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVME SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity RGB
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 600
    Headset Astro A50 (Gen 2)
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers JBL LSR305 Mk II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by merger View Post
    I gave up on it months ago, seemed to stop working for me around ASUS ryujin release, actually the monitoring part of it. The UFO and music crap still worked. ASUS is not known for great software. Also Armoury crate is not ready, turning off RGB to hardware would throw code 00. My sons Rampage VI Extreme is now being RMA because the motherboard RGB is stuck on RED and aura and Armoury Crate do not recognize the motherboard. STAY AWAY!
    Thanks for the advice, yeah I am well aware of how bad ASUS software generally is haha.. I've had previous AURA installs screw things up so badly I had to reinstall windows to get things working again. That's why I'm super not keen to try Armoury Crate. I can see all the threads in this forum and also on Reddit and other places reporting problems and mentioning how buggy and bloaty it is. I've also read that it leaves a tonne of stuff behind after uninstalling it, including background processes.

AURA is working fine right now so I don't really want to get rid of it for a questionable alternative. It just sucks that LiveDash is broken now. Unless I can find a way to make it work, I'm stuck without control of it until ASUS either decide to update LiveDash or fix the problems with Armoury Crate..

ROG Member Array Inkar PC Specs
    Inkar PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9-7940X
    Memory (part number)[Trident Z] F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080Ti SC2 Black
    MonitorROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 2Tb
    CPU CoolerEVGA CLC-280
    CaseCoolerMaster Cosmos C700P
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1200W P2
    OS Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Quote Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
    Hi everyone

I'm having the same problem with the OLED screen in my Rampage VI Extreme. Tried both LiveDash versions (1.05.03 and 1.05.06) and both of them seem to do nothing. The program loads correctly, but does nothing when I try to apply changes.

ROG Enthusiast Array MorePower PC Specs
    MorePower PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080 Ti OC
    MonitorLG UltraGear 34GK950G
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 PRO SSD x 2
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG Ryuo 240
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB ELITE
    Headset/Speakers Kanto YU4 + Sub8
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I had the same issues. I uninstalled AURA Sync and installed Armoury Crate + LiveDash 1.05.03. I can control what is displayed on the OLED via Armoury Crate and use the LiveDash to only set the OLED to turn OFF when I power down my PC. For whatever reason Asus did not add this option in Armoury Crate.

It seems like Asus does not want us to use LiveDash anymore and switch over to Armoury Crate for all functions.

ROG Enthusiast Array klepp0906 PC Specs
    klepp0906 PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS X FORMULA
    Processor8770K
    Memory (part number)CMR16GX4M2C3600C18
    Graphics Card #12080TI
    Sound CardREALTEK/ONBOARD
    MonitorU2718Q
    Storage #1970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2BARRACUDA 8TB X9
    CPU CoolerEK SUPREMACY/WATER
    Case900D
    Power SupplyNEX1500
    Keyboard BLACKWIDOW CHROMA V2
    Mouse NAGA TRINITY
    Headset TIAMAT V2
    Mouse Pad VESPULA V2
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO 1903
    Network RouterARRIS BGW210

Same exact issue. Wasted a lot of hours today on it. Tried armory crate. *Holy bloatware mess. *And it’s uwp. *I’m good. I restored a system image.*

Just gonna end up disabling the OLED in the bios it’s looking like. *Won’t be buying gimmicky 400 dollar Asus mobo next build. *

klepp0906 PC Specs
    Processor8770K
    Graphics Card #12080TI
    MonitorU2718Q
    Case900D
    Power SupplyNEX1500
    Mouse NAGA TRINITY
    Headset TIAMAT V2
    Mouse Pad VESPULA V2
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO 1903

Wonder if it works if you use an older aura sync? *Not that I can find the last one to test. *For some reason they seem to yank them.**

klepp0906 PC Specs
    Processor8770K
    Graphics Card #12080TI
    MonitorU2718Q
    Case900D
    Power SupplyNEX1500
    Mouse NAGA TRINITY
    Headset TIAMAT V2
    Mouse Pad VESPULA V2
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO 1903

was able to source the last few versions. will do some testing and see. not holding my breath. so much time and work for such a trivial feature. incredible they can engineer a motherboard but software is like voodoo to them.

klepp0906 PC Specs
    Processor8770K
    Graphics Card #12080TI
    MonitorU2718Q
    Case900D
    Power SupplyNEX1500
    Mouse NAGA TRINITY
    Headset TIAMAT V2
    Mouse Pad VESPULA V2
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO 1903

well, day 3.

worth noting that i completely purged everything rgb and asus related via every means possible. revo/manually/registry etc. Upon reinstallation of an old version of aura and livedash. once again - both work.

gonna make a system image real quick as ive already spent a shameful amount of time on this (like i do every time it magically breaks) and then im going to upgrade aura version by version till it breaks again.

then im going to do one final entire purge/clean and install just the latest version of aura to try and ascertain if entirely falls on the shoulders of the newest aura.

for now, what i can tell you is if you do a proper purge of all things asus from your system and install 1.07.66 and livedash 1.05.06 it will work.

during this endeavor, i happened across an open source alternative to aura called openrgb btw.

its still brand new, but it doesnt try to screw the user by locking them into a vendors ecosystem, its vendor agnostic as an rgb standard actually does exist. big corp just doesnt conform to it for #profit.

its ran portable and as such doesnt bloat your system with all kinds of un necessary services/dependencies etc.

best part, made by a single guy in his spare time for free. Imagine the things a huge multi million (billion?) dollar corporation like asus could accomplish with their resources. Or not.
    Last edited by klepp0906; 05-28-2020 at 10:57 AM.

klepp0906 PC Specs
    Processor8770K
    Graphics Card #12080TI
    MonitorU2718Q
    Case900D
    Power SupplyNEX1500
    Mouse NAGA TRINITY
    Headset TIAMAT V2
    Mouse Pad VESPULA V2
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO 1903

definitely the latest version busts live dash. was able to upgrade to/use 1.07.71 just fine. sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. Not like they have a QA department to test these things when fanatical users who spend hundreds on a single motherboard can do it for em :P

ok

/cynicism off

clear out, downgrade to 1.07.71. profit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast