cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveDash no longer works with latest AURA 1.07.79

Zammin
Level 9
Hi everyone

I am using a Maximus XI Formula motherboard and I've just updated my BIOS and AURA to the latest version in order to take advantage of the new iCUE plugin. However since installing the new AURA, I can no longer control my LiveDash. I had some issues with the previous version of Aura where I could still select animated GIFs in the LiveDash app but couldn't choose component temperature/voltage readouts. Now it's stuck on the default CPU temperature mode no matter what I do. At this stage the LiveDash app is only capable of turning the OLED display on and off.

I was previously on LiveDash version 1.05.03, which was the latest version on my motherboard's download page. However I found a link to version 1.05.06 on this forum and gave it a try, but the same issue persists. It's not got anything to do with the iCUE plugin either as this issue started before I even installed the plugin.

Does anyone know how to get my LiveDash working again without switching over to Armoury Crate? I've read that Armoury Crate is very buggy and bloaty, and I don't need it's extensive functionality. I just want to regain control of my LiveDash again.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
18 REPLIES 18

merger
Level 7
Zammin wrote:
Hi everyone

I am using a Maximus XI Formula motherboard and I've just updated my BIOS and AURA to the latest version in order to take advantage of the new iCUE plugin. However since installing the new AURA, I can no longer control my LiveDash. I had some issues with the previous version of Aura where I could still select animated GIFs in the LiveDash app but couldn't choose component temperature/voltage readouts. Now it's stuck on the default CPU temperature mode no matter what I do. At this stage the LiveDash app is only capable of turning the OLED display on and off.

I was previously on LiveDash version 1.05.03, which was the latest version on my motherboard's download page. However I found a link to version 1.05.06 on this forum and gave it a try, but the same issue persists. It's not got anything to do with the iCUE plugin either as this issue started before I even installed the plugin.

Does anyone know how to get my LiveDash working again without switching over to Armoury Crate? I've read that Armoury Crate is very buggy and bloaty, and I don't need it's extensive functionality. I just want to regain control of my LiveDash again.

I gave up on it months ago, seemed to stop working for me around ASUS ryujin release, actually the monitoring part of it. The UFO and music crap still worked. ASUS is not known for great software. Also Armoury crate is not ready, turning off RGB to hardware would throw code 00. My sons Rampage VI Extreme is now being RMA because the motherboard RGB is stuck on RED and aura and Armoury Crate do not recognize the motherboard. STAY AWAY!

merger wrote:
I gave up on it months ago, seemed to stop working for me around ASUS ryujin release, actually the monitoring part of it. The UFO and music crap still worked. ASUS is not known for great software. Also Armoury crate is not ready, turning off RGB to hardware would throw code 00. My sons Rampage VI Extreme is now being RMA because the motherboard RGB is stuck on RED and aura and Armoury Crate do not recognize the motherboard. STAY AWAY!

Thanks for the advice, yeah I am well aware of how bad ASUS software generally is haha.. I've had previous AURA installs screw things up so badly I had to reinstall windows to get things working again. That's why I'm super not keen to try Armoury Crate. I can see all the threads in this forum and also on Reddit and other places reporting problems and mentioning how buggy and bloaty it is. I've also read that it leaves a tonne of stuff behind after uninstalling it, including background processes.

AURA is working fine right now so I don't really want to get rid of it for a questionable alternative. It just sucks that LiveDash is broken now. Unless I can find a way to make it work, I'm stuck without control of it until ASUS either decide to update LiveDash or fix the problems with Armoury Crate..

Inkar
Level 7
Zammin wrote:
Hi everyone

I'm having the same problem with the OLED screen in my Rampage VI Extreme. Tried both LiveDash versions (1.05.03 and 1.05.06) and both of them seem to do nothing. The program loads correctly, but does nothing when I try to apply changes.

MorePower
Level 8
I had the same issues. I uninstalled AURA Sync and installed Armoury Crate + LiveDash 1.05.03. I can control what is displayed on the OLED via Armoury Crate and use the LiveDash to only set the OLED to turn OFF when I power down my PC. For whatever reason Asus did not add this option in Armoury Crate.

It seems like Asus does not want us to use LiveDash anymore and switch over to Armoury Crate for all functions.

klepp0906
Level 7
Same exact issue. Wasted a lot of hours today on it. Tried armory crate. *Holy bloatware mess. *And it’s uwp. *I’m good. I restored a system image.*

Just gonna end up disabling the OLED in the bios it’s looking like. *Won’t be buying gimmicky 400 dollar Asus mobo next build. *

Good to see it's not only me... but then when does Asus wake up on this?
if anyone wonders about steps to go back from Crate to LiveDash/Aura only, here is what I did to get there - no Windows reinstall, no imaging involved:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106008-Asus-Ryujin-Livedash-Software

HI in case ppl still suffering... I had written a lovely post about having found the latest version of Lighting Control that didn't kill LiveDash.. it was 1.07.60 by the way.. however that version didn't show all of the other components properly.. catch 22.
I scrubbed off everything using armoury crate uninstall, then ccleaner to really clean up, bit the bullet and just installed latest armoury crate. 4.0.12, with Aura Service 3.0.4.35
It runs the LIveDash on my XI Formula perfectly and actually allows many more monitoring options.
Now to trim as much of the crapware off as I can whilst keeping the bare minium working and resources free...

Good luck!

klepp0906
Level 7
Wonder if it works if you use an older aura sync? *Not that I can find the last one to test. *For some reason they seem to yank them.**

klepp0906 wrote:
Wonder if it works if you use an older aura sync? *Not that I can find the last one to test. *For some reason they seem to yank them.**

If anyone is still experiencing this problem, maybe gave up entirely, I just ran into it after grabbing a Formula refurb.
Have done the legwork to establish that it's any version of Lighting Control (Aura Service) AFTER 1.07.60 that breaks LiveDash's ability to fully read all sensors.

LiveDash before later AuraSync Install:

LiveDash AFTER AuraSync 1.07.66+ Install:

I am about to go 3rd party anyway, rgbsync, openrgb, whatever, but if anyone out there runs into this and just wants minimal install i.e. working LiveDash and working Asus Mobo Aura, then:
- Remove Aura Sync. No need to clean up with ccleaner or revo whatever.
- Remove LiveDash
- Install LiveDash
- Install Aura Sync (Lighting Control) 1.07.60
Enjoy....

The day you DO want to remove Aura stuff, DO use Revo or CCleaner as Aura software doesnt clean up its **** well AT ALL.

If anyone out there "tinkers" a little, I'd love to be able to write a different sensor number to the register that LiveDash uses as default.
LiveDash displays CPUTemp before any software at all is installed, I'd like to keep it that way. The CPU Temp readout is bull****, barely actually informational as it uses an EC readout that is WAY lower than any of the other 3 on the mobo - if your CPU temp here is showing 60C+ yo should be concerned and open HWinfo or something to really see where your temps are.
I'd like AIO_FAN permanently/semi-permanently "burned in", a bit like selecting a static colour for mobo Aura then shutting off the software. It only needs to run the service to change/cycle Aura colours or LiveDash display. Just gimme my AIO RPM (or 1 other sensor, static) and I'll be happy.

Good luck all. Alternatives to the rescue!