New ROGer Array

ROG Zenith II Extreme - Fan Xpert 4 issue and BIOS

Hello,

I'm facing 2 issues with Fan control on ROG Zenith II Extreme

Moterboard: ROG Zenith II Extreme
    EUFI BIOS: 0702

1/
    Fan Xpert 4 included in AI Suite 3 V3.00.55 is ignoring "Fan Spin Up Time" and "Fan Spin Down Time" settings.

Regardless of the value set of "Fan Spin Up Time" or "Fan Spin Down Time" the fans are spinning UP and then DOWN immediately.
    You can see on the screenshot (FanExpert4.jpg) frequent variation of FAN RPM on the charts.
    The variation of FAN speed should be almost inexistant consideting that I set
    - "Fan Spin Up Time" to 15 sec
    - "Fan Spin Down Time" to 31 sec

This behaviour is the same on all 7 PWM fans:
    - 1 CPU fan connected directly (Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM )
    - 6 extra fans (Noctua NF-A14 PWM / Noctua NF-F12 PWM) connected via "Fan Extension Card II"

This seams to show a bug in Fan Xpert 4 and/or EUFI BIOS.
    You can easily reproduce this issue by setting the same fan configuration in Fan Xpert 4

@ASUS could your investigate and fix this bug please?
    I also opened a support Case No.:E2001041256 but didn't get any answer yet.

I also confirm that the changes of "Fan Spin Up Time" and "Fan Spin Down Time" values are reflected properly in Profiles files
    C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\FanXpert\Profiles\MyProfil e.xml
    <stepuptime>16</stepuptime>
    <stepdowntime>8</stepdowntime>

2/
    I tried to use FAN controls in BIOS only, without Xpert 4.

However there is no menu in Zenith II BIOS to control fans connected via "Fan Extension Card II"
    On other ASUS motherboards there is "Ext. Fan(s) configuration" menu that controls these fans.
    This menu simply doesn't exist in Zenith II BIOS

@ASUS
    Is there any plan to introduce this fan control in the BIOS on Zenith II motherboards please?

3/ #UPDATED

The setting in bios on fan spin up delay don't have any effect either (with no Fan Xpert in Windows)

@ASUS
    Could you test and fix Spin UP/Down delay feature in the BIOS of Zenith II as well please?

Thank you!
    M
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos FanExpert4.jpg  

Last edited by gontch; 01-12-2020 at 11:52 PM.

New ROGer Array wekri PC Specs
    wekri PC Specs
    MotherboardZenith II extreme
    ProcessorThreadripper 3960X

I found the same situation here and share the same experience. German Asus support has currently no really solid informations, whether the bios integration of the fan extension card II will be implemented or not. The first time I asked, they thought it should be integrated already. The bios integration makes only sense to me, if you can choose the sensor which controls the fan (as in FanExpert).
    I absolutely support the requests!
    Addionally it seems to me, that it is not possible to load a individual fan profile via the AI-Suite 3 (FanExpert) automatically at windows startup .
    Werner

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by wekri View Post
    I found the same situation here and share the same experience. German Asus support has currently no really solid informations, whether the bios integration of the fan extension card II will be implemented or not. The first time I asked, they thought it should be integrated already. The bios integration makes only sense to me, if you can choose the sensor which controls the fan (as in FanExpert).
    I absolutely support the requests!
    Addionally it seems to me, that it is not possible to load a individual fan profile via the AI-Suite 3 (FanExpert) automatically at windows startup .
    Werner
    Thank you for your feedback Werner. Indeed the extension card control in BIOS is present on other motherboard shipped with it eg Rampage.
    If you have Case IDs from you contact on this issue with ASUS support please post these here so a representative can have a look at these too

Cheers,
    M