cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Realtek HDA Drivers

Chaime1970
Level 7
Well guys, I think it would be interesting to recover this theme and that we all contribute with HDA driver links as we see them on the Web. I want to thank MoKiChU for all the time he kept it updated, but we must continue the task

Realtek HDA FF00 8874

https://mega.nz/#!EJ42EapK!NE8-GH-Z_NdyTec2Uu2hBtBoJo5OktjEAO2NSNrjku0

My greetings to you all, and my wish that we may continue the task
25 REPLIES 25

I am having an issue with the Realtek HDA driver on my Win 10 Z-390e gaming computer. When I am logged in as a non-admin user the driver keeps trying to load the "NahimicSvc32.exe" service, which fails. It keeps trying and failing to load every five seconds, causing the "loading" circle next to the cursor to appear. I checked the Event Viewer and it has a long list of "faulting app" instances for "NahimicSvc32.exe."

(BTW, it loads fine when logged in under an admin account.)

I ended the "NahimicService.exe" task (under which the faulting NahiminSvc32.exe task appears) and the problem stopped. But of course with every restart it reappears until I manually end the service again.

What is the permanent solution? Should I uninstall the audio driver and replace with a different version? I currently have Realtek Audio driver ver. 6.0.1.8557, dated 2018-10-17.

Thank you.

Howard
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | Intel i7-8700K | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4-2666 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB FTW ULTRA SILENT | Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2-2280 SSD | Western Digital Black 6TB | Cryorig H7 | Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal TG ATX | SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Update-- I rolled back the Realtek driver to ver. 8666 since that is the latest one on the ASUS support page for the Z390-E. The issue of the Nahimic service, however continues.
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | Intel i7-8700K | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4-2666 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB FTW ULTRA SILENT | Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2-2280 SSD | Western Digital Black 6TB | Cryorig H7 | Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal TG ATX | SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Latest HDA Driver 8882.1 Thanks to erpster96 www.station-drivers.com

https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-hda-release/releases/download/6.0.8882.1/8882_FF01_PG475_Win1...

HGnDC wrote:
Update-- I rolled back the Realtek driver to ver. 8666 since that is the latest one on the ASUS support page for the Z390-E. The issue of the Nahimic service, however continues.

HGnDC wrote:
I am having an issue with the Realtek HDA driver on my Win 10 Z-390e gaming computer. ....

What is the permanent solution?

Thank you.

Howard

A permanent solution is to stop the service from starting. There's a setting in "Task Scheduler" which calls the NahimicSvc32.exe service to start on Windows startup/logon, that you can delete. There's a great free app called "autoruns" that shows which services and tasks that you can check or uncheck or delete that is easy to use. Download it from Microsoft's Sysinternals here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Go to the "Scheduled Tasks" tab and delete all the entries for the NahimicSvc32.exe and NahimicSvc64.exe

HGnDC
Level 7
Thank you. I downloaded and used Autoruns to keep the service from starting. I guess there's no was to get this service to behave when logged in as a standard user (rather than an administrator).

HGnDC wrote:
Thank you. I downloaded and used Autoruns to keep the service from starting. I guess there's no was to get this service to behave when logged in as a standard user (rather than an administrator).

My pleasure to be able to help you. Although this is a band aid approach, for it is best to actually resolve the actual problem than to suppress the service. Yes repairs are best done as an Administrator.

XYchromosone wrote:
My pleasure to be able to help you. Although this is a band aid approach, for it is best to actually resolve the actual problem than to suppress the service. Yes repairs are best done as an Administrator.

Thanks for the Autoruns program, XYchromosone. It's a very useful program