View Poll Results: Who do you think makes the best NVIDIA graphics cards?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gigabyte

4 2.40%
  • eVGA

54 32.34%
  • ASUS

92 55.09%
  • MSI

15 8.98%
  • Zotac

2 1.20%

Threaded View

ROG Member Array MartinDraganov PC Specs
    MartinDraganov PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP zBook 15 g2
    MotherboardASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3
    ProcessorIntel i7-2600K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid
    Monitor3x ASUS VS247H-P
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD
    Storage #2WD Black 2TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80
    CaseCorsair 600T White
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1050
    Keyboard Razer SWTOR Keyboard
    Mouse Razer SWTOR Mouse
    Headset Razer Kraken Forged
    Mouse Pad Razer SWTOR Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623 2.1
    OS Win10

I've been wondering what ASUS is doing as far as the graphics card area of gaming. Correct me if I am wrong but I have a feeling that ASUS used to have the best and fastest cards several years ago. Nowadays, I feel like they are lagging behind. That is of course my personal opinion but I will try to explain why I feel that is so. Every time a new card hits the market, ASUS is not the first to come out with a special cooler. The clock speeds are also lagging behind significantly when compared to other brands. Freshest example - the Poseidon card. Granted, it is a new way to cool your card but other companies have been out with GHz cards for a while now and why would anyone really want to purchase a card that is $100 more expensive (according to some people on the forums... i expect it to be more than that) than a regular 780. Also, the MARS760 - as cool as that card is, and I would love to get my hands on one, i can't justify a $150 premium just because it has a glowing MARS logo on it. MARS is also 2x2GB when it could easily have been a beast which would justify the extra cash if it was 2x4GB. That being said, I feel like ASUS is a bit slow to the market and has been taking the easy way out, relying heavily on the already existing cult of ROG'ers.
    P.S. I almost picked up an EVGA SC ACX for xmas for $500 which is clocked at 967MHz out of the box. I would have had to buy a backplate (another $25) but it still ends up being cheaper than the $550 OC card from ASUS (a mere 889MHz clock). I do love playing around and OC'ing the GPU but it's kinda nice to know you're getting another 5-10% performance increase right out of the box. I seriously hope ASUS steps it up and at least matches the performance of EVGA cards roughly at the same time as those are released. I won't even bring up Galaxy's HOF cards. Seriously though... ASUS=EVGA>MSI>Galaxy>Zotac, etc. Or at least that's how I feel it SHOULD be.